Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon Report on LUCIA Ink Longevity  (Read 7671 times)

PJPhoto

Canon Report on LUCIA Ink Longevity
« on: April 14, 2007, 12:32:32 pm »

Canon USA has posted:

Official Canon Report on LUCIA Ink Longevity Canon Internal and Wilhelm Imaging Research Testing Results

at:
http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controll...0&modelid=14005

Thanks!

Philip

jpgentry

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 04:04:18 pm »

This is huge!  I'm so happy this finally came out as it was a concern for all the prints that I had made.  I was really just hoping for 40 years because of their silence, but to know that most papers are around 100 years is really good.  

Also confirmed is that Wilhelm Research is still testing which is what I had heard from others.

-Jonathan

Kenneth Sky

• http://
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 04:14:24 pm »

So what was the stall about? Doesn't Canon realize that for photographers, 100 years is more than good enough. Was it penis-envy that HP's is 250 years? Just shows how out of touch the corporation is with their customers.

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 05:19:32 pm »

So what was the stall about? Doesn't Canon realize that for photographers, 100 years is more than good enough. Was it penis-envy that HP's is 250 years? Just shows how out of touch the corporation is with their customers.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=112388\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The pdf says the results are as of March. I'm guessing all the different paper tests started at the same time. Since the longest completed tests are 96 or so years, and the longest on-going test 100 years, that implies the test reached the 100 mark sometime in Feb-March. Big companies move slow, and a 2-month lag in publishing the results is nothing out of the ordinary, especially if they aren't as impressive as the competition - that makes suits sweat, no matter how academic 100+ years print lifetime is.

PJPhoto

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 07:47:33 pm »

Yes, it seems that the LUCIA inks are on par with the K3 inkset numbers which is what I was hoping for, at least.

I wonder if Wilhelm will be testing them with other 3rd party papers like they did with the Epson set.  Maybe Canon didn't pay for that service.  :-)

Happy printing!

Philip
Pages: [1]   Go Up