Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PrintFIX Pro: Hardware fault?  (Read 2579 times)

cds@pb

PrintFIX Pro: Hardware fault?
« on: April 14, 2007, 10:58:56 am »

I have recently acquired PrintFIX Pro, but having problem with the SpectroColorimeter.  The instructions say when reading colour patches you can either press "Enter" or "Return" on the keyboard, or press the button on the Spectro itself.  However, the button on the spectro doesn't seem to do anything. I have tried re-installing the software and tried on another computer, but no improvement.  Am I doing something wrong, or is this a hardware fault?

KeithR

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 04:53:12 pm »

When you are taking a reading, I'm assuming that you have the correct set of patches on your computer screen, and that you have your speaker turned up enough to hear the audible sound. You should check out the colorvision forum on yahoo.

I have recently acquired PrintFIX Pro, but having problem with the SpectroColorimeter.  The instructions say when reading colour patches you can either press "Enter" or "Return" on the keyboard, or press the button on the Spectro itself.  However, the button on the spectro doesn't seem to do anything. I have tried re-installing the software and tried on another computer, but no improvement.  Am I doing something wrong, or is this a hardware fault?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=112353\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

cds@pb

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 02:15:29 pm »

When you are taking a reading, I'm assuming that you have the correct set of patches on your computer screen, and that you have your speaker turned up enough to hear the audible sound. You should check out the colorvision forum on yahoo.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=112394\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes - correct patches and audible sound.  All is working well using the keyboard (and the profiles are fine - it's just that the button on the Spectro doesn't do anything.

Thanks for alerting me to the Yahoo Colorvision forum - I wasn't aware of it.  I've now posted a query there.

Ed Foster, Jr.

• http://www.edfoster.net
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 05:15:03 pm »

Yes - correct patches and audible sound.  All is working well using the keyboard (and the profiles are fine - it's just that the button on the Spectro doesn't do anything.

Thanks for alerting me to the Yahoo Colorvision forum - I wasn't aware of it.  I've now posted a query there.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=112530\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
It sounds like a defective instrument.  Perhaps you should contact Colorvision for a replacement.

Good Luck,
Ed
Ed Foster, Jr.
[url=http://www.edfoster.

cds@pb

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 05:45:46 pm »

It sounds like a defective instrument.  Perhaps you should contact Colorvision for a replacement.

Good Luck,
Ed
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=112560\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Now sent back to the retailer for replacement

Colin
Pages: [1]   Go Up