Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sinar M anyone?  (Read 12762 times)

Mort54

• http://
Sinar M anyone?
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2007, 12:01:53 pm »

Well, I for one find the Sinar M a very interesting and innovative product, particularily since I have a nice selection of good Nikon lenses. Too bad it's as expensive as it is, but hats off to Sinar for delivering such a unique approach. If it were somewhat less expensive, and offered a mirror module that could take Rollei-mount Zeiss and Schneider lenses, then I think it would be on more people's radar screens.
I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
Sinar M anyone?
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2007, 12:06:50 pm »

Well, I for one find the Sinar M a very interesting and innovative product, particularily since I have a nice selection of good Nikon lenses. Too bad it's as expensive as it is, but hats off to Sinar for delivering such a unique approach. If it were somewhat less expensive, and offered a mirror module that could take Rollei-mount Zeiss and Schneider lenses, then I think it would be on more people's radar screens.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=112362\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Maybe there is a new commercial incentive with the Hy6, to make a Hy6 module (that would take both the older Rollei lenses as well as Hy6, I assume).

As long as the M shutter can set open and the central shutter in the Rollei/Schneider lenses can be used.

Christopher Arnoldi

• http://www.arnoldi-design.com
Sinar M anyone?
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2007, 06:09:17 am »

I own the sinar m and use it with the sinar p3 with CAB lenses and with the Hasselblad mirror module and a Sinaron digital AF 4/180 mm lens and Hasselblad lenses 60, 80, 120 mm. The big advantage is that I never have to mount the back to another adapter plate than before when I used the Mamiya RZ.

I have the Nikon mirror module for testing because I also thaught I could use Zeiss lenses with Nikon mount. The image quality is better with the same lens with the Sinarback 54H in 4-shot over the Canon 5D but the resolution in pixel per inch of the 5D is higher (but please look the word "Schmitt" und "Karl Schmidt-Rottluff" on the 5D image). You can use a little bit more of the image circle of the lenses but the field is limited by the design of the mirror module.
Please look at the links below:

www.arnoldi-design.com/Test50erZeiss2109.jpg
www.arnoldi-design.com/TestCanonZeiss50_1107.jpg

The sharpness of the images is on the black books with the white typo. JPG-Quality is 10. No unsharp masking is applied.

Mort54

• http://
Sinar M anyone?
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2007, 09:08:56 am »

I own the sinar m and use it with the sinar p3 with CAB lenses and with the Hasselblad mirror module and a Sinaron digital AF 4/180 mm lens and Hasselblad lenses 60, 80, 120 mm.
Hello Christopher. Which back do you use on the M? Also, when using the Nikon mount, will the body meter with the lens wide open, and then automatically stop it down when you take the shot, or do you have to stop down to your working aperture to meter? I'm assuming autofocus doesn't work with the Nikon mount?

Regards,
Hans.

P.S. Never mind. I reread your post and see you use the 54H back. I'm still interested in the other questions, however  
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 09:29:40 am by Mort54 »
I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
Sinar M anyone?
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2007, 09:21:52 am »

I own the sinar m and use it with the sinar p3 with CAB lenses and with the Hasselblad mirror module and a Sinaron digital AF 4/180 mm lens and Hasselblad lenses 60, 80, 120 mm. The big advantage is that I never have to mount the back to another adapter plate than before when I used the Mamiya RZ.

I have the Nikon mirror module for testing because I also thaught I could use Zeiss lenses with Nikon mount. The image quality is better with the same lens with the Sinarback 54H in 4-shot over the Canon 5D but the resolution in pixel per inch of the 5D is higher (but please look the word "Schmitt" und "Karl Schmidt-Rottluff" on the 5D image). You can use a little bit more of the image circle of the lenses but the field is limited by the design of the mirror module.
Please look at the links below:

www.arnoldi-design.com/TestCanonZeiss50_1107.jpg

The sharpness of the images is on the black books with the white typo. JPG-Quality is 10. No unsharp masking is applied.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=112473\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

When looking at the images the Test50erZeiss2109.jpg has more resolution as I see it. Much more, the image is wider so has less info than the 5D but under the bigger Schmidt is a smaller moeller schmidt typed. This is better readable and clearer than the 5D image.

The 54H file, I can clearly read Moeller Schmidt which is very difficult to read with the 5D image.

Christopher, what mount is the M in? Something Sinar specific?

BTW the 50mm Zeiss though a really nice lens. I find it not the most impressive lens but that is also because other Nikkor 50's are really good so it is hard to be a lot better. The 35/2.0 is a real impressive performer. The 25/2.8 is a truly insane lens because you can focus on something that is almost against the hood (quality is outstanding as well)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 10:01:36 am by Dustbak »

Christopher Arnoldi

Sinar M anyone?
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2007, 10:21:19 am »

Hello Hans, I regret to disappoint you: the Nikon module has neither autofocus nor exposure metering than the Hasselblad module has. Also you have no prism finder, only a view finder (same as the one from the Mamiya 645 pro). But that is no problem because you see the result on the Laptop.

The good thing on the sinar m is that it has the same mount than the sinar p3. It looks like the old Sinar p2 connection, but only 100 mm square and gold contacts.

BJNY

Sinar M anyone?
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2007, 11:23:20 am »

Dustbak,
I know Nikon's 28mm + 85mm PC lenses throw big image circles, but would you know if the Zeiss ZF lenses cover a larger area than 24x36mm?  I'm guessing probably not, because how else would they achieve their high resolution.  

Also, do you know if the ZF macro lenses are any good?
Thank you,
Billy
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 11:25:50 am by BJNY »
Guillermo

Christopher Arnoldi

Sinar M anyone?
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2007, 11:48:12 am »

Billy,
please remember that the body of the sinar nikon mirror box limites the image circle as you can see on the image under www.arnoldi-design.com/Test50erZeiss2109.jpg

There you can also look at the quality of the image out of the 24 mm x 36 mm. Just open the image in Photoshop, the size of the image is 49 mmx 36,8 mm (this is the chip size), and draw a rectangle with 24 mm x 36 mm in the middle of the image. So you can compare the outer area with the inner area.

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
Sinar M anyone?
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2007, 12:11:22 pm »

Dustbak,
I know Nikon's 28mm + 85mm PC lenses throw big image circles, but would you know if the Zeiss ZF lenses cover a larger area than 24x36mm?  I'm guessing probably not, because how else would they achieve their high resolution. 

Also, do you know if the ZF macro lenses are any good?
Thank you,
Billy
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=112502\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Billy,

The ZF 50 (both macro as well as normal) covers my 43x31 sensor completely, 35/2.0 covers it as well but with visible vignetting, the 25/2.8 doesn't cover it leaving small black corners with visible vignetting. Corner performance degrades in the same manner.

I don't have the 85 however do expect it to cover it fully (my Nikkor 85/1.4 does). My experience is that most lenses above 35mm do cover that area, some have better quality than others above 24x36.

Naturally all lenses cover 24x36, with this area I get about 12MP with my Aptus17, so you can guess how much you will get with larger backs. I have made several actions that crop the max per lens and orientation.

Above 24x36 your lenses will become wider. It is a pity the wide angle lenses have smaller image circles.

I got my ZF 50/2.0 macro only 2 weeks ago so cannot say much about it. It looks like it performs better than any of my other Nikkor macros (AIS55/2.8, AI 55/3.5, Pre AI 55/3.5 and the AI 55/3.5) which looks to be promising.

Apparently the Nikkor Module on the M has limitations. On my Digiflex I get about 26x38 (or something in that area) because the shutter just isn't bigger. On the truewide with Copal3 the shutter isn't the limiting factor in my system anymore.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 12:19:57 pm by Dustbak »

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
Sinar M anyone?
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2007, 05:53:36 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=112473\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for posting this image - it is more infromative to me than all of Sinars marketing mterial put together

I assume the black edges are the 'full' 22mp frame size

Do you have a 14 or 17-35 nikkor - could you post it would be really interesting to see thier coverage

SMM
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

Christopher Arnoldi

Sinar M anyone?
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2007, 01:01:01 am »

Thanks for posting this image - it is more infromative to me than all of Sinars marketing mterial put together

I assume the black edges are the 'full' 22mp frame size

Do you have a 14 or 17-35 nikkor - could you post it would be really interesting to see thier coverage

SMM
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=112566\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Here is an image from the Sigma 14 mm on the Sinar m with Nikon mirror module and Sinarback 54H in 4-shot. The black edges are not the limits of the image circle but the body of the module. No unsharp masking is applied.

www.arnoldi-design.com/Test14erSigma2188.jpg

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
Sinar M anyone?
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2007, 01:52:45 am »

Here is an image from the Sigma 14 mm on the Sinar m with Nikon mirror module and Sinarback 54H in 4-shot. The black edges are not the limits of the image circle but the body of the module. No unsharp masking is applied.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=112616\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thankyou for your effort

Most interesting

SMM
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

heinrichvoelkel

Sinar M anyone?
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2007, 09:16:32 am »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=112616\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Haha, is this your office? I need a mini bar like that as well. Makes working easier....

Regrds
Heinrich

Christopher Arnoldi

Sinar M anyone?
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2007, 04:54:59 pm »

Haha, is this your office? I need a mini bar like that as well. Makes working easier....

Regrds
Heinrich
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=112657\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Lucky guys here on the mosel river ...
No, I am a label designer, too.

Regards
Christopher
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up