Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Testing a new digital back at the dealer's  (Read 3702 times)

fuzzyfoto

Testing a new digital back at the dealer's
« on: April 12, 2007, 01:02:44 pm »

I will be purchasing a new Phase One digital back within the next couple of weeks. Before I leave the dealer's showroom with the back and before I plunk down the rest of the $$ to pay for my db, how should I test the back? What should I look for in the showroom before I take it back to my studio for more thorough testing. What details should attend to before I leave the dealer's showroom before I take possession of the back?

Thanks!
fuzz

william

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 01:58:03 pm »

I'd suggest that you should (1) have the dealer come to your studio with the back, which many of them will or (2) if they won't, pay to rent the back for a day and get them to apply the rental fee to the cost of the back if you buy it.  There's really no excuse for them to be unwilling to come do a demo at your studio, though, given the size of the purchase.  I know my local dealer (Dodd Camera in Cleveland) would do so.

I will be purchasing a new Phase One digital back within the next couple of weeks. Before I leave the dealer's showroom with the back and before I plunk down the rest of the $$ to pay for my db, how should I test the back? What should I look for in the showroom before I take it back to my studio for more thorough testing. What details should attend to before I leave the dealer's showroom before I take possession of the back?

Thanks!
fuzz
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=112057\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 01:58:26 pm by william »

Joe Behar

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 03:20:15 pm »

What he said....

I've sold literally hundreds of digital backs. Not once have I ever refused to go to client's studio for a test/demo.

I would suggest that you do the initial test/demo with your dealer and then rent the back for a couple of days on your own and ask that the rental fee be 100% applicable to your purchase. Any reputable dealer should have no issues with that.

CliffSamys

• http://samys.com
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 11:53:40 pm »

Agreed.
Renting one simply provides the questions you are looking for in this post. The answers will come in turn. I always recommend our clients rent a back on a Fri and return it Mon morning. This gives them a back for a full weekend, which we will credit back on the final sale.
Cliff
Samy's Camera, Pro Digital Mana

Henry Goh

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 12:42:01 am »

QUESTION:

When you rent a back, say P45, is the dealer providing you with C1 software too?

clawery

• http://www.captureintegration.com  / www.chrislawery.com
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 09:43:30 am »

Henry,

We normally provide a version of C1 called DB for all our rentals.  It looks and runs just like PRO, but it won't allow you to process other DSLR files.

I would also ask your local dealer to come to you and give you a demo.  It puts the DB in a "real world" situation in your studio.   That way you can put it on your camera and use your stobes.

Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
Capture Integration

(404)234-5195   Cell
(404)522-7662  Office
(404)522-7929   Fax
www.captureintegration.com
chris@captureintegration.com

nicolaasdb

• http://
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 03:23:04 am »

I had a Phase and a Leaf dealer come to my studio and tested the camera for as long as I needed.

The phase dealer was a putz....and the leaf dealer was honest and gave me the best advice.

remember your buying into a system!! Both backs are equally good in image output.
Pages: [1]   Go Up