Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: APS Error  (Read 7161 times)

ricgal

APS Error
« on: April 12, 2007, 07:08:21 am »

Has anyone experienced this APS message?  'An error occurred during printing or measuring process,  please check printer display panel'  I am low on a few inks-  could this be it?
Cheers
Ric
www.ricbower.com- Art and Fashion Photog

Panascape

APS Error
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 10:15:06 am »

Your paper type is most likely Professional Satin Photo Paper which for some reason does not allow APS to work at the moment. This is the only paper that I know of causing this problem but there may be others.

Robert

Greg_E

APS Error
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 12:31:16 pm »

Which is really odd since the handheld i1 pro doesn't have a problem with that paper. Wonder what the problem is???

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
APS Error
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 12:40:14 pm »

I did get that same message on the standard built-in system when calibrating a couple of weeks ago.  Nothing on the printer screen.  I ran a 2nd calibration and it was OK.

Mike

ricgal

APS Error
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 03:30:10 pm »

Your paper type is most likely Professional Satin Photo Paper which for some reason does not allow APS to work at the moment. This is the only paper that I know of causing this problem but there may be others.

Robert
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=112017\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Bang on-  prosatin it is!  how very strange-  I was going to print out another target but i think i will save paper-  I wonder if I save it as a custom paper rather than the regular channels maybe more joy-  Any idea why this might be?

Panascape

APS Error
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 04:54:36 pm »

Print the Tiff target supplied with APS using the Photoshop and the printer driver with the driver set to application managed colour and Photoshop set to no colour management.

Once the target is printed, trim it on the cut lines otherwise it will not work. Next load it as a sheet and select any paper other than Pro satin that is already calibrated (must be calibrated otherwise APS will not work in manual mode)

Start APS and instead of printing a chart, choose the “already have printed chart” option and choose the correct chart from the list. The next step will tell you to load the chart, be careful about clicking the next arrow too quickly as there is a bug that can cause APS to skip a screen.

The printer will tell you it is printing but ignore this as it is actually warming up the spectro which can take up to 5 minutes.

Things will proceed normally from there.

ricgal

APS Error
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 05:46:04 pm »

Cheers Robert
Just the job!  I have my first job on pro satin lined up and I want to make sure everything is ship shape
Ric
[/quote]

ricgal

APS Error
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 04:54:45 am »

The Profile i made for HP Pro Satin using the work around has a significantly smaller volume than the canned profile that came with the printer!  I calibrated the pro Sat as a custom paper- photo satin type- printed the 918 target off with photoshop everything on max qual, GE application managed etc etc.  then measured it-  maybe this is why they do'nt let you use pro satin with the APS!  Perhaps i need to call it premium Satin in the paper type option during initial calibration-  rather disappointing anyway.

Panascape

APS Error
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2007, 06:17:00 am »

When you print the tiff file from Ps you must use the pro satin setting as this puts down the correct amount of ink for the paper. Using another papert setting will not give you the correct results.

denis_

• http://www.photo-online.fr
APS Error
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2007, 06:25:48 am »

I'm having a similar problem (but I'm using the pro satin setting when calibrating/printing the target -just selecting another paper type when inserting the target for measuring).
The profile created by the APS is pretty bad, the prints are darker and the gamut is quite small.
I don't remember having this problem with the old firmware.

denis

The Profile i made for HP Pro Satin using the work around has a significantly smaller volume than the canned profile that came with the printer!  I calibrated the pro Sat as a custom paper- photo satin type- printed the 918 target off with photoshop everything on max qual, GE application managed etc etc.  then measured it-  maybe this is why they do'nt let you use pro satin with the APS!  Perhaps i need to call it premium Satin in the paper type option during initial calibration-  rather disappointing anyway.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=112162\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

ricgal

APS Error
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2007, 04:41:21 am »

When you print the tiff file from Ps you must use the pro satin setting as this puts down the correct amount of ink for the paper. Using another papert setting will not give you the correct results.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=112171\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Cheers iwill try again on Monday!
Pages: [1]   Go Up