Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 ICC Profiling trouble  (Read 3614 times)

DHDSP

Z3100 ICC Profiling trouble
« on: April 11, 2007, 08:12:06 am »

Hi everyone !

After upgrading the firmware of my Z3100 yesterday (4.2.0.2) - and not printing anymore afterwards - I tried to profile a "new" paper today (litho realistic).

I fed the paper, and in the printer menu i chose HP matte Litho.
Went to the "easy printer care", chose the paper type again, and clicked the icon to create a new ICC profile.

The result: badly smeared patches, ink running halfway into the next patch ... Way too much ink on the paper - even after 20 min. the ink is still wet. Even the unused part of the paper got ink onto it (stripes), as ink transfered onto printer parts...

Can anyone tell me what i did wrong ????

CU&TIA
Peter

Jim Cole

• Jim Cole Photography
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 09:53:34 am »

Did you run a calibration for the Litho Realistic first, before attempting a profile?

Jim
Jim Cole
Flagstaff, AZ www.jimcolephoto.

Greg_E

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 09:55:27 am »

Incompatible media or too much ink.

DHDSP

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 10:36:07 am »

Did you run a calibration for the Litho Realistic first, before attempting a profile?

Jim
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=111863\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No... I only had 2 sheets of the testpaper left, and assumed (because I only was adjusting an existing HP-Profiled papertyp) at tleast the calibration of the paper would be correct. ICC generation is also the first icon in "easy printer care", and during the ICC generation the dialog tells me to do calibration after ICC generation...

This cannot be correct , as I doubt the printer can correctly read colors smeared this badly

CU
Peter

Jim Cole

• Jim Cole Photography
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 11:13:07 am »

All my info says to calibrate before profiling. I think the calibration sets the ink limits. Try the profiling process again after running a calibration. Of course, now, you do not have enough sample paper.

I would run another paper type...calibration then profile...just to make sure yourprinter is operating properly.

Jim
Jim Cole
Flagstaff, AZ www.jimcolephoto.

Charles Gast

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 11:20:03 am »

This sounds like what happens when I  have printed on the wrong side of the paper

Mussi_Spectraflow

• http://www.spectraflow.com
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 04:45:39 pm »

That too....Still It is the reccomended procedure to calibrate first, you can do this from the on-printer controlls, and then create the .ICC profile as the second step.

Julian Mussi
www.spectraflow.com
Julian Mussi
 Spectraflow, Color Workflow

Colourcurve

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 07:27:49 pm »

Hi

It sounds as if you were using the wrong side of the media (easily done!) or are using an incompatible media - many are for dye only & the Z3100 is pigment.

If you have a new media you need to do a full profile - calibration followed by Icc.

The initial media type you base this on sets the ink restrictions. The calibration you then do will get your printheads printing with even tones from 0 to 255 for each colour - it tries to achieve a linear response.

The Icc then takes the ink limits and linearisation and builds the colour table as the last piece in the jigsaw.

DHDSP

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 02:32:52 am »

This sounds like what happens when I  have printed on the wrong side of the paper

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=111881\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

And this makes me look like a complete idiot.
You were absolutely right ...

(the orientation in the testpack was different from other papers)

Thanks !
Cu
Peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up