Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sealing/Coating double sided prints for book  (Read 1984 times)

deelight

• http://
Sealing/Coating double sided prints for book
« on: April 10, 2007, 12:59:02 pm »

Hi all,

I would like to know if you guys coat your prints (double sided for books) with a spray or something to make it stonger against damage and the surfaces wiping each other when transpoting the book? Which one? Will they change the look of the surface?

Or do I simply have the wrong paper? I use Moab Kayenta on Z3100 and am still testing, what will be the best way to do the printing itself (marks of the printer on the 1st side while printing the 2nd, marks of finger nails when touching the paper etc.)

I would like to try semigloss but cannot find a paper from rolls, sheet size would waste too much paper since I print 37x40cm and have several folded panoramas in the book. No sheet size for them available  

Thanks in advance,

Clem

chriscor

Sealing/Coating double sided prints for book
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 02:41:41 am »

Hi Clem,

I'm printing on Moab Entrada BW and I coat my prints with PremierArt print shield to protect them .  The spray dulled the blacks slightly.  Go light on the spray though, the first time I sprayed the prints I put to much on and ended up with very muddy blacks and had to reprint my books.   How well it protects the prints I don't know.  I just received an e-mail from the person making my portfolio books that some of the images have rubbed off onto the opposing pages.  I'll know soon how bad it is.
I ran into the same problem of marks on the paper when printing my books.  I'm using a Epson 4000 and the only solution was to put two pieces of paper through at the same time.  The top piece being the paper you're printing on and the bottom piece protects the backside of the top piece (hope that makes sense).
Pages: [1]   Go Up