Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help! My files have gone  (Read 2232 times)

coppinger

Help! My files have gone
« on: April 09, 2007, 05:32:34 pm »

Having recently bought Lightroom, I invested in the LL tutorials (good) and was getting to grips with what looks to be the answer to my dreams (busy surgeon - amateur photographer and etc).

However, after importing a series of raw files into a folder that I had named 'unsorted' within my photofiles (root folder: SWVC pictures and then subfolders for various categories), all my folders, except 'unsorted' have gone.

Of course I back up and they are all not gone. However 400 plus shots from a recent diving trip to Burma HAVE gone as well as others since I had just wiped the compact flash card five minutes before. .

I must add that I had imported some more files from that card related to the Burma trip. I am a) gutted and  p****d off and c) wondering what can be done. I also confess to looking at the loaded files before they had all been converted.

Is this a lightroom phenomenon or a general balls up? Kit compises Pentiun duo, dual screens, too much software loaded and three hard discs, one of which contains said photo library (or did). Camera Nikon D200

On 'properties', there  is 122Gig used, of which I can account for about 65Gb, so I suspect the data is still there but the registry files are corrupted.

Oh, please, please can someone help or advise? I realise that this is more a computer thing than a photgraphic one but am hoping that someone out there can help.

Stephen

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Help! My files have gone
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 06:31:50 pm »

Sounds like you have a filter enabled which is hiding the shots...turn off all filters (in the tool bar).

allenlux

Help! My files have gone
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 06:39:32 am »

Of course I back up and they are all not gone. However 400 plus shots from a recent diving trip to Burma HAVE gone as well as others since I had just wiped the compact flash card five minutes before. .
No suggestion on the LR issue - though I'm sure there is an answer - but it should be relatively easy to retrieve files from your CF card.

There are many utilities to do this. I have good recent experience with PhotoRec (http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec) which retrieved almost all of a collection of images from a card which had been formatted twice and also used in the meantime.

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up