Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trip to Cornwell, UK  (Read 3275 times)

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
Trip to Cornwell, UK
« on: April 09, 2007, 04:07:39 pm »

Hello,

I'm going on vactaion for four days in the UK. We ( Family ) are planing to drive from London down to Cornwall on Wednesday and back on Sunday. Just wanted to ask what places you know or which I should look at ? Anything special or must see ? Especially in Cornwall itself, but also on the way from London to it.

Thanks a lot.

Christopher
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 04:15:41 pm by Christopher »
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

ajtaylor

• http://
Trip to Cornwell, UK
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 04:27:12 pm »

Hello,

I'm going on vactaion for four days in the UK. We ( Family ) are planing to drive from London down to Cornwall on Wednesday and back on Sunday. Just wanted to ask what places you know or which I should look at ? Anything special or must see ? Especially in Cornwall itself, but also on the way from London to it.

Thanks a lot.

Christopher
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=111547\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Go to Bedruthan Steps and Pentire, just north of Mawgan Porth.

LoisWakeman

Trip to Cornwell, UK
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 05:31:58 am »

My favourite part is West Penwith - full of neolithic remains, engine houses, and wild coastline. Portheras beach has fantastic rounded granite cobbles on the shore. But almost anywhere along the coast or on the moors is pretty wonderful.

If you are driving down the A303 early in the morning, the Salisbury Plain is pretty spectacular too: rolling acres of arable crops just waiting for you to find a layby and snap them! Rape is at its flowering peak now, so possibly a bit yellow? (Oh, and Stonehenge of course - except you can't get near it any more.)

Poppies and wheat, from the A303

Ripening oats, also seen from the A303

Have a good trip!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 05:32:57 am by LoisWakeman »
Pages: [1]   Go Up