Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ALL HASSELBLAD H USERS  (Read 2561 times)

JTFOTO

• http://
ALL HASSELBLAD H USERS
« on: April 09, 2007, 12:41:39 pm »

I JUST GOT THIS FROM A HASSELBLAD DEALER THAT HAS BEEN TRYING TO GET ME TO SWITCH.

GOOD LUCK!

I always reformat my cards before a shoot anyway.  But Murphy does come to the party drunk too often.

Hasselblas H-System users:

I thought I should pass this along to all my contacts. It contains measures to prevent data loss on CF cards.

We have discovered a critical bug in the current firmware (from 179 and up to 196).

Shooting onto a UDMA cabable CF card such as the Sandisk Extreme IV and then inserting a DMA CF card such as the Sandisk Extreme III which already contains images will lead to loss of images on the DMA card. After a few captures the back will start beeping and the LED will flash and all images on the DMA card will be deleted.

This is ONLY in cases where there are already images on the DMA card and the card is inserted right after using a UDMA card in the same session.

If however the card is either formatted first OR the digital back is restarted prior to shooting on the DMA card everything will work as normal.

A bug fix will be implemented in the next release of Flexcolor.

To be safe ALWAYS format the CF card in the back before making a capture.

godtfred

• http://
ALL HASSELBLAD H USERS
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 02:37:25 pm »

Shooting onto a UDMA cabable CF card such as the Sandisk Extreme IV and then inserting a DMA CF card such as the Sandisk Extreme III which already contains images will lead to loss of images on the DMA card. After a few captures the back will start beeping and the LED will flash and all images on the DMA card will be deleted.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=111497\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
So thats why the camera locked up with a "lens error", the card froze, and all my (only 6 thank god) images got deleted on a freezing shoot a couple of months back... I just could not figure out what I had done wrong.

Thanks for the tip, this would have showed up again for me, with more images lost! (Thankfully i now shoot mostly to an IB, so less likely, but i sometimes use CF for convenience.)

-axel
Axel Bauer
godtfred.com H2|M679CS|P45+
Pages: [1]   Go Up