Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nova Scotia  (Read 3119 times)

camilla

Nova Scotia
« on: April 09, 2007, 12:05:42 pm »

Hello everyone
I would need some assistance in planning my trip to Nova Scotia for the first week of May. I will be at Acadia National Park and thought of taking the ferry to Nova Scotia for 3-5 days. Could someone familar with the area give me suggestions as to interesting locations (sunrise or sunset shots?) possibly also suggestions of hotels or motels. I am interested naturally in Peggy's Cove which I have heard about but would like to exploire other parts of the island as well. I am mainly interested in Landscape photography.
Thank you!

myxamop

Nova Scotia
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 12:51:24 pm »

well, im flying into Halifax on the 11th, so im out exploring too!

if you are in the Antigonish aria, the drive on the 337 is verry scenic! it takes you on the west side of St. Georges Bay.

also Cape Breton is a cool place to visit (though iv only bee thrue there once, cant really point out specifics)

Hope you anjoy the counctry,

Mike

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Nova Scotia
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 02:07:01 pm »

Hi Camilla:  It really depends on what you're looking for.  I went to Peggy's Cove for sunrise once and it was so foggy I couldn't see 3 feet!  But as the fog burned off I went through a lot of film the rest of the morning.  Lunenburg is nice, on the south shore.  There's an area near there called 'The Ovens' which has had an interesting history.  If you're in Halifax you could check out the waterfront or the Citadel; my sister used to make the period costumes at the fort.  Cape Breton is beautiful to see... some people compare it to the Scottish Highlands but I haven't been to Scotland yet.  Different areas of the province have different topography and land use - from seaside villages to agriculture to the edge of the Appalachians to forest...

You might want to check out http://novascotia.com/en/home/default.aspx for information.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

camilla

Nova Scotia
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 08:53:39 am »

Thank you so much for the suggestions and the web site. I would definitely like to find quaint fishing villages, if there are any, as well as other special places not to be missed on the coast. I heard that people compared parts of Nova Scotia to Scotland. It's my first "exploratory" trip and hope to find interesting sites to photograph. Thanks to everyone.

chilehead

Nova Scotia
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 10:07:37 am »

Hello everyone
I would need some assistance in planning my trip to Nova Scotia for the first week of May. I will be at Acadia National Park and thought of taking the ferry to Nova Scotia for 3-5 days. Could someone familar with the area give me suggestions as to interesting locations (sunrise or sunset shots?) possibly also suggestions of hotels or motels. I am interested naturally in Peggy's Cove which I have heard about but would like to exploire other parts of the island as well. I am mainly interested in Landscape photography.
Thank you!
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
If you still have time after exploring Peggy's Cove, a drive along the "Cabot Trail" on Cape Breton should be high on your list.  Lots of places to stop and take photos, though not all the photo opps will be along the coast. [a href=\"http://www.pc.gc.ca/pn-np/ns/cbreton/index_e.asp]Cape Breton Highlands Park[/url]

You could take the Ceilidh Trail (kaylee) on your way to the Cabot Trail.  It will offer some nice coastal views.  Be willing to drive "off the beaten path" a bit.

The previous posting for the Nova Scotia Tourism site is a good place to get lodging info.  Nova Scotia has a great reservation service that will hook you up with available lodging in various parts of the province.  You can do this online, or you can play it by ear, and just call 1-800-565-0000 after you arrive.

Have fun!

Mark
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 10:30:33 am by chilehead »
Pages: [1]   Go Up