Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Industrial artificial light  (Read 2932 times)

Sr.Cordeiro

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/srcordeiro
Industrial artificial light
« on: April 09, 2007, 10:05:48 am »

Hi,

Here is a image I like a lot. It's a long exposure at night, I know it seems daylight, everyone tells me I should darken it to get the night feeling, but when I was experimenting post-production I liked the odd sense the artificial light has done to the image. My intention was to make people wonder: "what kind of light was that?".

What do you think?

[attachment=2261:attachment]

gfabbri

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 09:06:24 am »

Interesting (in a good way) colors!  Combined with the highlights on the beams, the effect really makes me think about the shot -- is it real?  is it a toy?  

Apart from the color, I like the geometry of the pipe chase and your idea of filling the interior of the arch with the defocused greenery.

In a perfect world, perhaps you could have moved back a smidge to reduce the relative size of the blurred greenery within the archway's frame -- or even moved forward to eliminate it altogether, emphasizing the hillside's diagonal.  I would also like to see a version with the utility line cloned out and the utility pole at the left cropped away to clean up the composition.

Very interesting concept, though.  I'd be interested to see some more shots usuing your night-for-day technique.

Best,

Gian
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 09:08:27 am by gfabbri »

popnfresh

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 04:40:46 pm »

The foreground flowers figure prominently in this shot, but they're out of focus. I would prefer a greater depth of field so that everything's in focus. Then I'd crop out the grass below the structure, since it does nothing for the composition.

So the final crop would look more like this:

Again, this would only work if the flowers in the foreground were in focus. It would put a more surreal spin on the composition, but maybe that would be a good thing...

Finally, I'd be tempted to edit out the black cable that's cutting horizontally through the middle of the frame.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 04:43:52 pm by popnfresh »

Sr.Cordeiro

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/srcordeiro
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 07:41:27 am »

Thanks for the replies,

I'm  not shure about the crop, It seems to have lack of depht with it. The truth is that the original don't have a lot of depth too.. I have to get a wider lens.

I agree with the flowers on focus. But I have to confess they only appeared by accident, it was so dark in that place that I didn't even seen them

Have to try to go there again and make another shot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up