Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Briot's Composition CD  (Read 4110 times)

lenspor

Briot's Composition CD
« on: June 08, 2005, 03:50:13 pm »

Yes, I have tried it.  It's a good "tool".  There are no bells and whistles included in it, but tools and advice for improving your ability to correctly frame and compose an image.  

I recently attended Alain and Natalie's Navajoland Workshop and although I already had the CD and associated hard copy mats they provided more of the mats and personal instruction on how to use and benefit from them.  My guess is that composition is one of the great difficulties you struggle with.  If not, you're probably the only one. It was mine, and predominantly the other workshop attendees weak point.  

The simple techniques that Alain offers improved my ability to see 100 fold.  Landscape went from a shot in the dark to finally being able to see what the camera was going to give me.  It was fun again.  If you ever have the opportunity to attend one of Alain's workshops, TAKE IT!!

The below link is to Alain's website and an e-mail I sent Alain after the workshop.

http://beautiful-landscape.com/Thoughts_8.html

blk

Briot's Composition CD
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 01:04:51 am »

Has anyone tried this CD from Alain Briot?  (Beautiful-Landscape.com)  He does columns for LL.
Pages: [1]   Go Up