Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Total Image Catalogue with Multiple Drives  (Read 2049 times)

budjames

• http://www.budjamesphotography.com
Total Image Catalogue with Multiple Drives
« on: April 08, 2007, 07:48:49 am »

I see that Michael and Jeff recommend setting up separate LR databases on each external hard drive so that the database is resident with the images that it is indexing.

If you follow this advice, then how can you use LR as a DAM solution for several hard disks (4 in my case) of images?

Is Michael or Jeff using iView Media Pro, or equivalent, to manage their entire library of images?

The other issue is that I have a MacBook Pro and just ordered a new 8 Core Mac Pro. Since LR does not support libraries on a network drive, how can I manage using images on both machines?

Thanks.

Bud James
North Wales, PA
Bud James
North Wales, PA [url=http://ww

wayfarer

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 08:41:21 am »

I see that Michael and Jeff recommend setting up separate LR databases on each external hard drive so that the database is resident with the images that it is indexing.

If you follow this advice, then how can you use LR as a DAM solution for several hard disks (4 in my case) of images?

Is Michael or Jeff using iView Media Pro, or equivalent, to manage their entire library of images?

The other issue is that I have a MacBook Pro and just ordered a new 8 Core Mac Pro. Since LR does not support libraries on a network drive, how can I manage using images on both machines?

Thanks.

Bud James
North Wales, PA
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=111292\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

wayfarer

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 08:50:24 am »

Thanks.

Bud James
North Wales, PA
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=111292\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
 I have 8 external firewire drives, connected through one eight port 800 hub and a six port 400 FW hub. I have found the best way is to take a screen shot weekly. I also have two 1 TB drives I use for backup.

For the second part of your question if you use external drives for your LR Library just switch the FW or USB cables between computers. I believe networking will happen soon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up