Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Profoto vs Hensel with Balcar  (Read 5896 times)

Technics

Profoto vs Hensel with Balcar
« on: April 08, 2007, 06:14:34 am »

I just bought a slightly used Power Pack, Balcar NEXUS A3200. (Anyone with experience with that pack, little info on web?). So next up would be to have some suitable flash heads to go with this PP. It can be used with most of todays flash heads, and my personal choice would be either Profoto or Hensel. (or?)

The user manual suggests the following heads:

HENSEL
EHT-3000 or EHT-6000

PROFOTO
Pro-7 or Pro-6

The "Profoto Acute 2-D4 - 3000-4800 W/S" is a lot cheaper than those listed, but can anyone confirm if that head can be used with NEXUS A3200 packs?
Can anyone give me some recommendations on which head to choose? The Hensel is cheaper, but I will not choose based on price itself. I will need 4 heads, so it?s a big expence.

PS.Both brands are well spread in my country.

Hope for some help here.
Thanks in advance.

Baard Lunde

Technics

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 02:26:08 pm »

Anyone with experience?

RicAgu

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 03:52:30 pm »

ooo
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 03:53:21 pm by RicAgu »

RicAgu

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 03:53:01 pm »

You can use Profoto Pro 6 heads.  They are a lot cheaper than the Pro 7 counterpart.  Not sure if you can use Acute / D4 heads and don't think so, as the pin configuration is different.

Better and much broader accs for Profoto than Hensel.  But if you are just worrying about having it for yourself an no need for rental than Hensel will be cheaper.

Best of Luck,

R

Technics

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 04:29:51 pm »

Are the pro-6 heads out of production, as I cannot find them on the web?

I find both brands to have a large stock of accessories. But I suppose it is better to have the zoom function on the Profotos? (if you ever need that though?)

Thanks.

SeanFS

• http://www.seanshadbolt.co.nz
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 05:22:23 pm »

I don't have any experience with Profoto, bu thave an extensive range of Hensel gear.
Very reliable - some of it is seventeen years old and apart from the occasional service or flash tube every few years has never let me down even when completely thrashed in catalogue shoots. Very good range of accessories too.

Technics

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 11:30:12 am »

The Power Pack accepts Hensel EHT 3000/6000 heads. But I can only find EHT Pro 3000/6000 heads. Has there ever been a "non-pro"-version?

Also, is EH Pro 3000 and EHT Pro 3000 the same head?

LA30

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2007, 01:36:15 am »

I have used the Profoto stuff, I really like the Pro line and I really DON'T like the Acute stuff.  The pro 6 packs are great, hard to find and the Caps will start to be going but can be fixed for pretty cheap.  I love the pro 7B for its portability, in fact I used it tonight on a job.  It is a little heavy but wonderful in a pinch.  I have used the Hensel "porty" a while ago, maybe 4 years ago, I remember it being way heaver than the profoto 7b.  I think that when you buy lighting you buy it for 10+ years.  My personal opinion depending on if you are a 100% studio guy or a mix of location and studio is go with profoto 6s if you can find them to save $$$ and pick up a 7B and use the PRO heads.  That way you can rent the new pro 7 packs and use your heads.  Also the 7b has been replaced by the 7bII, the 7b is now 2 grand USD cheaper.

Best of luck.

ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up