Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help: OSX 10.4 and Epson 2200  (Read 2435 times)

dsyroi

Help: OSX 10.4 and Epson 2200
« on: April 08, 2007, 04:24:55 am »

I've upgraded my Mac to 10.4 from 10.3.9 and I'm having some problems with the driver for my 2200. I can't get the "minimize margins" option happening. I know that printer drivers were installed when I upgraded the OS, I've tried deleting the printer and then reinstalling the driver, but no luck. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

francois

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 05:42:23 am »

I've upgraded my Mac to 10.4 from 10.3.9 and I'm having some problems with the driver for my 2200. I can't get the "minimize margins" option happening. I know that printer drivers were installed when I upgraded the OS, I've tried deleting the printer and then reinstalling the driver, but no luck. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=111279\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I'm also using the same Epson printer and Mac OS X 10.4. I can't see "minimize margins" either. In fact, I didn't remember that his option was available

Sometimes, when changing inks (from Matte to Photo) you need to turn your printer off (delete your printer from your printer list, turn your printer off, then on, then re-add your printer).

I'm not sure if this will help you?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 05:45:00 am by francois »
Francois

pminicucci

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 05:28:06 pm »

To get "minimize margins" you need to setup another virtual printer with that page format selected. Attached is a screenshot of my printer list. Note that I have three versions of the same 2200. One for minimize-margins using matte black ink, one for standard margins, also with MK ink and finally, one for standard margins with PK ink. Depending on need, I just select the printer version that suits. No muss, no fuss, including during switch-overs of the black ink.

To setup the new virtual printer, go to Printer Setup Utility with your 2200 connected and click add. Select the "More Printers" option to get either the Epson FireWire or USB choice. Click whichever is relevant to you and select the 2200 that shows up. Look for a drop down box labeled Page Format. Select the  "minimize margins" option and click OK. You're done.

I'm also using the same Epson printer and Mac OS X 10.4. I can't see "minimize margins" either. In fact, I didn't remember that his option was available

Sometimes, when changing inks (from Matte to Photo) you need to turn your printer off (delete your printer from your printer list, turn your printer off, then on, then re-add your printer).

I'm not sure if this will help you?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=111281\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
[attachment=2251:attachment][attachment=2251:attachment]
Best,
Pat

dsyroi

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 11:28:09 pm »

That worked, thanks very much for the info.
Pages: [1]   Go Up