Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Very limited printing...  (Read 3164 times)

Giedo

Very limited printing...
« on: April 07, 2007, 04:52:59 pm »

I just got myself the great Epson R2400.
Followed installation steps carefully, but I just found out that my printer dialogue is very limited.
No paper choices, no color management...
Then I found out that my new Intel Mac needed a new driver from Epson, so I downloaded that from their website.... But now what? I still have the limited printer dialogue. How do I know the new driver is actually used instead of the old one that I installed from the CD?
How do I tackle this one?

Thanks in advance!
Giedo

wayfarer

Very limited printing...
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 08:47:08 pm »

I just got myself the great Epson R2400.
Followed installation steps carefully, but I just found out that my printer dialogue is very limited.
No paper choices, no color management...
Then I found out that my new Intel Mac needed a new driver from Epson, so I downloaded that from their website.... But now what? I still have the limited printer dialogue. How do I know the new driver is actually used instead of the old one that I installed from the CD?

Thanks in advance!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=111203\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
 I have an Intel Mac and a 2400 and it took me a while to get it setup. The first thing you need to do is download .icc profiles from Epson USA. In LR then go to Develop/ Print Settings and select COLOR Management. Select OFF(no adjustment). Next move to PRINT SETTINGS and select your paper. Under mode go to advanced and uncheck high speed and select Photo RPM for print quality. Do Not use the save button but go to Presets and select "Save As" with your paper name.

I am 75 so sometimes my way is not logical but the above works for me.

Photo Op

Very limited printing...
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 09:22:14 pm »

Thanks in advance!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=111203\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Make sure you followed the instructions for the driver as copied below (from the site)

Important pre-installation instructions: The Macintosh OS X driver found on the CD provided with your product is not intended for use with Intel-based Macintosh computers. If you have already installed the OS X printer driver provided on your product CD, please follow these important instructions before installing the "epson11771.dmg" file:

1. Open the OS X "Printer Setup Utility".
   2. Select the "Printer Setup Utility" tab and click "Reset Printing System...".
   3. Click the "Reset" button.
   4. Restart your computer.
   5. Install the downloaded "epson11771.dmg" file.
David

Giedo

Very limited printing...
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 02:13:13 am »

Thanks guys, I'll follow your recommendations when I ruturn tomorrow night after an easter trip (family... and a bit of photography  )
I'll let you know if things worked out!
Giedo

Giedo

Very limited printing...
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 10:59:41 am »

Make sure you followed the instructions for the driver as copied below (from the site)

Important pre-installation instructions: The Macintosh OS X driver found on the CD provided with your product is not intended for use with Intel-based Macintosh computers. If you have already installed the OS X printer driver provided on your product CD, please follow these important instructions before installing the "epson11771.dmg" file:

1. Open the OS X "Printer Setup Utility".
   2. Select the "Printer Setup Utility" tab and click "Reset Printing System...".
   3. Click the "Reset" button.
   4. Restart your computer.
   5. Install the downloaded "epson11771.dmg" file.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=111242\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks guys!
My Epson works like a charm now!
Giedo
Pages: [1]   Go Up