Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: H3D22 or P25+  (Read 24197 times)

cesarrojo

H3D22 or P25+
« on: April 06, 2007, 09:09:56 am »

Hello all,

This is my very first posting (but hope not last) I'm about to purchase one of this two digital backs, H3D22 or the p25 along with an H2 and before doing a demo shoting with both of them (I have one next week with phase one and 80% also with hasselblad distributor also) what are you recommendations?

My main type of shooting is motorcycles for mags and brands, also some fashion but for not very important magazines, but I'm starting in photography so will like to invest on a nice camera.

Have in mind that easy of upgrade to new back is important (H3D22 to 39 or to a fture model... same for phase one), also will be working 90% on location.

Also for my own pleasure i will be doing street portraits so how's about ISO i know H3d has 400 and p25+ has 800, but how compare in 400?

Is there visible difference in image quality? Or any other aspects that I have to think about? Have both same dynamic range(this is very important to me as shooting outdoors I cannot control light as much as in the studio)?

Actually I use a D2x, should the difference in quality be huge? Also from a 1Ds?

Thanks so much

ixpressraf

H3D22 or P25+
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 01:22:21 pm »

Hello cesarrojo,
I would go for the H3D 22 MP solution and if possible for the H3D 31 Mp. Hassies integrated system works so wonderfull between lenses, body and back. The digital APO correction was for me almost THE reason to go for the H3d platform.  Many people do not like the hassie software but once you get used to it it becomes a second nature. But rumours are that Hasselblad soon will be coming with a complete new version of Flexcolor, wich would have the possibilities of PS raw converter combined with flexcolors apo correction and colour engine. It cant get any better......
Go for it and enjoy your images.

bernardo68

• http://www.bernhardhuber.com
H3D22 or P25+
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 03:12:22 pm »

Hello cesarrojo,
I would go for the H3D 22 MP solution and if possible for the H3D 31 Mp. Hassies integrated system works so wonderfull between lenses, body and back. The digital APO correction was for me almost THE reason to go for the H3d platform.  Many people do not like the hassie software but once you get used to it it becomes a second nature. But rumours are that Hasselblad soon will be coming with a complete new version of Flexcolor, wich would have the possibilities of PS raw converter combined with flexcolors apo correction and colour engine. It cant get any better......
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=111011\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

i am also quite very pleased with my h3d22 which i received last nov together with 3 lenses.
very good handling indeed and no major problems wether with the hardware as with the software.
2 weeks ago my local hassyrepresented for south germany promised me this new software should come out in may- actually i am happy with flex- but the new one could be more handy as it should come with a better browser .
anyway the back is great- 400 iso is usable- but i cant compare it to the p25.

dont like the cropping with the p30 or h3d31

cheers
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 03:56:01 pm by bernardo68 »

ixpressraf

H3D22 or P25+
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 03:32:22 pm »

For some type of photography i really like the little crop factor of the H 31D ...but most of all the perfectly clean 400 iso and still good 800 iso made me go for the 31. I am now in the market to find a good 100mm 2,2 HC lens ( i really miss my 110 F2,0 rollei planar and hope to replace that with the 100HC)

cesarrojo

H3D22 or P25+
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 04:24:04 pm »

Thank you so much for all the information. I was expecting everyone pointing me to the H2+P25 but the hassy was more what had in mind. I'm looking forward now to test it next week!

I will keep you informed!

Hello cesarrojo,
I would go for the H3D 22 MP solution and if possible for the H3D 31 Mp. Hassies integrated system works so wonderfull between lenses, body and back. The digital APO correction was for me almost THE reason to go for the H3d platform.  Many people do not like the hassie software but once you get used to it it becomes a second nature. But rumours are that Hasselblad soon will be coming with a complete new version of Flexcolor, wich would have the possibilities of PS raw converter combined with flexcolors apo correction and colour engine. It cant get any better......
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=111011\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

ixpressraf

H3D22 or P25+
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 04:50:24 pm »

Thank you so much for all the information. I was expecting everyone pointing me to the H2+P25 but the hassy was more what had in mind. I'm looking forward now to test it next week!

I will keep you informed!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=111044\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Dont forget to consider the image bank: it gives you an almost unlimited amount of space to shoot hundreds of images. Also try the digital APO correction and play a bit with flexcolor. Flexcolor is a no nonsense software, initially created for the professional scanner operator and later also adapted for the ixpress. The interface is not as colorfull as the phase one but it does the job extremely well. ( the next upgrade will bee colorfull and super functional) I think it was this way because it originated from a professional application software, used by die hards in opposite tho the phase one solution wich aimed to pursuade digital slr and not digital camera users  to go for their system.( in wich they succeeded very wel). I am using some different ixpress backs on contax/h1-2-3/fuji 680 and rollei now and i am very pleased with the results( as are my clients      )

cesarrojo

H3D22 or P25+
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 06:06:26 pm »

Thanks for all the info, regarding the H3d is the longest exp 30secs? Or can go 1h as the P25+?  Is DR the same in both systems? Thanks!

Dont forget to consider the image bank: it gives you an almost unlimited amount of space to shoot hundreds of images. Also try the digital APO correction and play a bit with flexcolor. Flexcolor is a no nonsense software, initially created for the professional scanner operator and later also adapted for the ixpress. The interface is not as colorfull as the phase one but it does the job extremely well. ( the next upgrade will bee colorfull and super functional) I think it was this way because it originated from a professional application software, used by die hards in opposite tho the phase one solution wich aimed to pursuade digital slr and not digital camera users  to go for their system.( in wich they succeeded very wel). I am using some different ixpress backs on contax/h1-2-3/fuji 680 and rollei now and i am very pleased with the results( as are my clients      )
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=111051\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
H3D22 or P25+
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2007, 08:20:14 pm »

Hi there,

Just one basic question. Are you sure that your business plan is solid enough to invest into such high end gear from the very beginning?

Regards,
Bernard

cesarrojo

H3D22 or P25+
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2007, 07:05:29 am »

sure!

Hi there,

Just one basic question. Are you sure that your business plan is solid enough to invest into such high end gear from the very beginning?

Regards,
Bernard
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=111084\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
H3D22 or P25+
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2007, 02:23:37 pm »

Hello all,

This is my very first posting (but hope not last) I'm about to purchase one of this two digital backs, H3D22 or the p25 along with an H2 and before doing a demo shoting with both of them (I have one next week with phase one and 80% also with hasselblad distributor also) what are you recommendations?

My main type of shooting is motorcycles for mags and brands, also some fashion but for not very important magazines, but I'm starting in photography so will like to invest on a nice camera.

Have in mind that easy of upgrade to new back is important (H3D22 to 39 or to a fture model... same for phase one), also will be working 90% on location.

Also for my own pleasure i will be doing street portraits so how's about ISO i know H3d has 400 and p25+ has 800, but how compare in 400?

Is there visible difference in image quality? Or any other aspects that I have to think about? Have both same dynamic range(this is very important to me as shooting outdoors I cannot control light as much as in the studio)?

Actually I use a D2x, should the difference in quality be huge? Also from a 1Ds?

Thanks so much
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=110966\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

i would strongly recommend looking at the Phase 30/30+ or even the H3D31 (if you want to go the hasselblad route)....more resolution, cleaner iso up to 1600 (p30+), faster shooting and cheaper....the only advantage of the larger sensors is the ability to handle T/S, which you can't use with the H anyway.....compare the finders and you will see that the difference in sensor size is mostly on paper....and with the H3D31 the finder makes up on it anyway with magnification....

digitalguy

H3D22 or P25+
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2007, 06:06:39 pm »

i would strongly recommend looking at the Phase 30/30+ or even the H3D31 (if you want to go the hasselblad route)....more resolution, cleaner iso up to 1600 (p30+), faster shooting and cheaper....the only advantage of the larger sensors is the ability to handle T/S, which you can't use with the H anyway.....compare the finders and you will see that the difference in sensor size is mostly on paper....and with the H3D31 the finder makes up on it anyway with magnification....
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=111181\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

definitly test them out . look at the workflow and direction of companies. also two resellers I know told me that the new screens are a huge improvment. that is one thing that has been lacking on the hassy.
have a happy holiday.

dg

pss

H3D22 or P25+
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2007, 06:43:56 pm »

definitly test them out . look at the workflow and direction of companies. also two resellers I know told me that the new screens are a huge improvment. that is one thing that has been lacking on the hassy.
have a happy holiday.

dg
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=111216\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

yes..definitely check out the workflow.....worlds between phase c1 and hasselblad's software.....also have you ever worked with a H1/2? have you ever walked around with one? i am asking because you mentioned "street shooting"...maybe you should consider mamiya or contax as well....

Jack Varney

• http://
H3D22 or P25+
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2007, 11:27:46 pm »

Before you buy any system test out all those that you are considering. Be sure before you buy.

That said, do you dare buy a system that, should you decide to change, requires you to change everything. The Hasselblad H3 says you must. Can you afford this?
i.e. what to do if a better chip comes along? You know one will.

So, decide carefully, very carefully, your long term requirements before you buy. In my humble opinion (well maybe not so humble) open systems are the only way, unless your requirements are, and will continue to be, very confined. Caution is the watchword, IMO.
Jack Varney

ixpressraf

H3D22 or P25+
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2007, 04:22:30 am »

The nice thing about Hassies H3 is that it is the futere line of hasselblad and fully upgradable with newer backs. Also you can benefit from all firmware upgrades and the unique integration of body and back. If you should go for the H3d31 you will be safe for years to come.

pss

H3D22 or P25+
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2007, 12:44:30 pm »

The nice thing about Hassies H3 is that it is the futere line of hasselblad and fully upgradable with newer backs. Also you can benefit from all firmware upgrades and the unique integration of body and back. If you should go for the H3d31 you will be safe for years to come.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=111278\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

as long as you want to stay with hasselblad bodies, backs, lenses and software.....are you sure hasselblad is and will be the best solution for ALL these?

ixpressraf

H3D22 or P25+
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2007, 05:15:03 pm »

as long as you want to stay with hasselblad bodies, backs, lenses and software.....are you sure hasselblad is and will be the best solution for ALL these?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=111338\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hasselblad is at the moment the most sophisticated system there is. Rollei is at the moment only talking in riddles about the HY6 ( and already people are dreaming of it and even pretending they will buy the camera( one that until now even doesn't exist in real life)).
mamiya isn't a real competition because of the limitations of their lens quality and an uncertain future.
Plus, you can always upgrade your back to a CF product wich fits all camera on the market.
But why would you go for an other cameraplatform since H3 is so nice and more beautifull lenses are coming soon....?

cesarrojo

H3D22 or P25+
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2007, 05:27:13 pm »

What I most like about the Hassy system is the upgradeability (don't know if this word even exists(I'm spanish)). Because talking with a rep of phase one some time ago while I was firstly thinking of the change to MF there is no upgrade policity, you just need to sell the back and get a new one... an this represents a lot of money. Now in spain is an offer h2d to h3d for 1000€, so it's way cheaper than selling a p25 to get the plus version.... So if there is no huge difference in quality I think i will go for the h3d22 or 31... have to think and test both....

digitalguy

H3D22 or P25+
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2007, 07:22:10 pm »

What I most like about the Hassy system is the upgradeability (don't know if this word even exists(I'm spanish)). Because talking with a rep of phase one some time ago while I was firstly thinking of the change to MF there is no upgrade policity, you just need to sell the back and get a new one... an this represents a lot of money. Now in spain is an offer h2d to h3d for 1000€, so it's way cheaper than selling a p25 to get the plus version.... So if there is no huge difference in quality I think i will go for the h3d22 or 31... have to think and test both....
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=111374\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think you are comparing apples to oranges. When you upgrade the p series to a plus, you get a whole new camera, not just an upgrade to firmware and a message on the display that tells you it is not a 'real'h3d, but an upgrade. Also with the plus upgrade your warranty starts back at day one, you get a brand new display, live preview and many other enhancements.
I believe that this program is worldwide for Phase.
Also with the plus upgrade you can use your current system until your new upgrade arrives. I think that with the h2d to h3d upgrade you must send back your whole system for a minimum of a 2 weeks I heard. So what do you do when your system is out for the upgrade, rent one?
dg

ixpressraf

H3D22 or P25+
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2007, 07:31:19 pm »

I think you are comparing apples to oranges. When you upgrade the p series to a plus, you get a whole new camera, not just an upgrade to firmware and a message on the display that tells you it is not a 'real'h3d, but an upgrade. Also with the plus upgrade your warranty starts back at day one, you get a brand new display, live preview and many other enhancements.
Also with the plus upgrade you can use your current system until your new upgrade arrives. I think that with the h2d to h3d upgrade you must send back your whole system for a minimum of a 2 weeks I heard. So what do you do when your system is out for the upgrade, rent one?
dg
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=111384\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Just take a look through the viewfinder of a  H3d and you will understand why it is the camera of today and tomorrow.

cesarrojo

H3D22 or P25+
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2007, 07:49:33 pm »

Thanks for the info!!! didn't know that i spoke with phase one so i know how they work, but i'm waiting for next week to have a chat with hasselblad and talk about what you are telling me. Because didn't know that the upgrade from H2 to H3 is only a firmware... I need to get all the info next week

dg
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=111384\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up