Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RIP Software for z3100 with a MAC  (Read 1838 times)

PSQuared7

• http://www.psquaredphotographic.com
RIP Software for z3100 with a MAC
« on: April 05, 2007, 02:32:26 pm »

A correction to my previous entry. I am interested in purchasing a z3100 and am wondering if I need RIP software for this printer. I'm a MAC guy and am finding that this seems to limit my choices. This doesn't make sense to me since every major commercial photographer that I know is using MAC only. Thanks for your help with this.

Paul

Haraldo

• Phoozl - photo games & more
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 01:22:52 am »

A correction to my previous entry. I am interested in purchasing a z3100 and am wondering if I need RIP software for this printer. I'm a MAC guy and am finding that this seems to limit my choices. This doesn't make sense to me since every major commercial photographer that I know is using MAC only. Thanks for your help with this.

You don't "NEED" a RIP for photo printing. There are benefits that RIPs can offer, and I know many photographers who use them. But I know just as many who don't. Check out what the RIP features are and decide if those are things you need/want (for the price). You can start without a RIP and always add one later.

Harald Johnson
author, "Mastering Digital Printing, Second Edition"
Haraldo
aka Harald Johnson [url=http://w

Charles Gast

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 10:49:38 am »

I'm with Haraldo on this one.  I used imageprint rip for the epson 4800 I used to have. I bought the rip since epsons black and white images had metamerism issues. Imageprint allowed the 4800 to make good black and white prints.  Now that I am going to the z3100 I doubt there will be any justification for a rip since HP has the black and white printing right.  I never saw any difference between the rip and the epson driver when doing color. Others have said they had similar experience. If you want to make templates and be able to go back and reprint jobs done in the past that is a couple of the rip advantages. Rips can also do postscript.  Whatever that is...
Pages: [1]   Go Up