Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Monitor Profile in Lightroom  (Read 4473 times)

convergent

Monitor Profile in Lightroom
« on: April 04, 2007, 08:05:06 pm »

Is there a way to tell Lightroom to use a monitor profile, or does it just use whatever ICC profile is assigned to the monitor that it is running on?  I am getting a bit confused on this topic as today Photoshop started showing me bizzare colors and I checked and it wasn't using my monitor profile.

61Dynamic

• http://
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 12:02:58 am »

Um.. Neither Photoshop or Lightroom need to be told what your display profile is.

It sounds like you are setting your display profile for the working space in PS which is a bad thing. What are your color settings in PS?

convergent

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 11:41:17 am »

Um.. Neither Photoshop or Lightroom need to be told what your display profile is.

It sounds like you are setting your display profile for the working space in PS which is a bad thing. What are your color settings in PS?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=110719\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Actually it wasn't using my display profile in PS CS2.  When I told it to, the problem went away.  Are you saying I shouldn't be using it?  I think it was set to sRGB before, and I changed it to my display profile.

61Dynamic

• http://
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 12:12:45 pm »

Your display profile is designed to characterize your display and not your images. You need a device independent color space---also known as a working color space---for editing your work.

sRGB is a lowest common denominator and not that good for editing due to its small color gamut. Adobe RGB is a more suitable color space for editing and I'd recommend that if you are not working with high-bit images.

It sounds to me thus far that your policies for handling profile mismatches were not set correctly leading to you seeing odd colors. What were you doing specifically when you noticed your colors change?
Pages: [1]   Go Up