Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coming Soon - Electronic Copyright Registration!  (Read 3585 times)

Photoattorney

• http://www.photoattorney.com
Coming Soon - Electronic Copyright Registration!
« on: April 04, 2007, 03:09:37 pm »

The U.S. Copyright Office has officially announced that this summer (2007), it will offer the option to file a copyright registration online through its website.

The advantages include:

Lower filing fee of $35 for a basic claim (for online filings only)
Fastest processing time
Earlier effective date of registration
Online status tracking
Payment online by credit card or Copyright Office deposit account

The Copyright Office will continue to offer the option to complete an application online, print it, and mail it to the Copyright Office. Current forms will be replaced by new forms on or after July 1. With new scanning software, the Office will be able to process these forms more efficiently and faster. Note that the current $45 fee for a paper application will be retained.

Hooray!
Carolyn
Carolyn E. Wright, Esq.
www.photoattorney.com
Author of the new "Photographer's Legal Guide"[/i]
Carolyn E. Wright, Esq.
[url=h

Monito

• MonitoPhoto
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 03:55:31 pm »

The U.S. Copyright Office has officially announced that this summer (2007), it will offer the option to file a copyright registration online through its website. [a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=110628\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thank you for the alert!  All photographers who value their images should bulk register new ones on a regular basis, such as every 90 days, so that they can actually and practically enforce copyright control over them.  Older images can be bulk registered too, but separately.

LadyExpat

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 09:27:34 pm »

Thank you for the alert!  All photographers who value their images should bulk register new ones on a regular basis, such as every 90 days, so that they can actually and practically enforce copyright control over them.  Older images can be bulk registered too, but separately.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=112253\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi!

I'm not an American, and in fact, I don't even live in my country of citizenship. Any idea how or where I could register my photography?

LadyE

Monito

• MonitoPhoto
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 10:31:23 pm »

I think anybody can register images with the US Copyright Office and gain protection under US law.  The forms ask where the person is domiciled or what nationality they are.

If the infringer touches the US in any way, such as lives there or operates there or has assets there, then a US lawyer would be glad to take your case.  If they use a server there then the server will very quickly take down any infringing content upon notice and the infringer has 7 to 10 days to respond with a signed statement under perjury of law.

http://www.asmp.org/commerce/legal/copyright/

However, the original poster would know much more than I.
Pages: [1]   Go Up