Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Airport Acceleration vs CompuTrekker Plus AW  (Read 3176 times)

lllusion

Airport Acceleration vs CompuTrekker Plus AW
« on: April 02, 2007, 01:29:21 pm »

Anyone have some experience with these two bags and can offer some comparison input?

I can make out via the websites but without having them on my floor to play with I'm hooped.

ThinkTank Airport Acceleration:
Internal Dimensions:   17.75” H x 12.375“ W x 6.75” D (45 x 31.5 x 17cm)
Laptop Case Internal Dimensions: 14.375” H x 11“ W x 1.75” D (36.5 x 28 x 4.5cm)
External Dimensions:   18.5” H x 13“ W x 7” D (47 x 33 x 18cm)

Clean. Shoulder straps stow away.
Will hold an HP dv9000t 17" widescreen.
Tripod pouch.
Lockable.

Dislikes
Price.
A 17" laptop gets stowed inside the main compartment (at least from what I can make out).

LowePro CompuTrekker Plus AW:
Main Compartment: 18.9” H x 13” W x 5.3” D (48 x 33 x 13.5cm)
Notebook Compartment: 18.7” H x 11.6” W x 1.9” D (47.5 x 29.5 x 4.8cm)

Will hold an HP dv9000t 17" widescreen (I think) in its own compartment next to the back. (I like this a lot.)
Price.

Dislikes
Tripod pouch is really awkward. So are the silly compression straps.
No shoulder strap stowage.

Again, anyone have some experience with these two bags and can offer some comparison input?

TIA!

francois

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 02:26:28 pm »

...Tripod pouch is really awkward. So are the silly compression straps.
I fully agree with the tripod pocket but I do like the "silly" compression straps. They saved my cameras & lenses on a few occasions when I thought I had zipped my bag. I was really hapy that I unconsciously had secured the "silly" straps.  

One more factor in your decision should be weight of these bags as airlines are tightening weight & size limits. If it is possible, try to find a store to do a side-by-side comparison.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 02:29:53 pm by francois »
Francois

lllusion

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 03:05:00 pm »

I fully agree with the tripod pocket but I do like the "silly" compression straps. They saved my cameras & lenses on a few occasions when I thought I had zipped my bag. I was really hapy that I unconsciously had secured the "silly" straps. 

One more factor in your decision should be weight of these bags as airlines are tightening weight & size limits.
The weights according to TT and B&H:

Accelerator- 3 lbs. 5oz./1508 g – 7 lbs/3175 g (depending on accessories used)
CompuTrekker Plus AW- Weight 6.06 lb (2.75 kg)  
If it is possible, try to find a store to do a side-by-side comparison.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=110280\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
That would be great but not so easy when one doesn't live in a large US city (but instead in central Sweden).
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 03:05:17 pm by lllusion »

stever

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 11:24:37 pm »

i have a Lowepro pack and the lack of shoulder strap storage is a real nuisance for airline travel - i'm not a fan of the silly compression straps either but have not cut them off yet as i have the waist belt

my vote to Think Tank which seems to really understand the needs of travelling photographers - i'm about to order their modular system to replace my Lowepro street and field thanks to posts on this forum

JTFOTO

• http://
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 02:26:53 pm »

There is no better bag company than Think Tank Photo.  The price is second to the quality and what you get.

I have Two Airport Security and two Accelerator bags and have yet to be turned away from any security terminal. They are amazing!  When traveling with assistants I take two onboard with two laptop brifcase style bags.

I am sure you will love the TTP bags.  Lowe Pro is great but when TTP came out i switched completely.

augg

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 07:57:29 pm »

I bought an airport acc. for a trip to africa last dec. and I like it so much its now my main bag. The tuck-away shoulder straps are great. Everything about that bag is great. I'm thinking of getting another one.

dan
Pages: [1]   Go Up