Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question regarding z3100 rebate  (Read 4669 times)

jpmulligan

Question regarding z3100 rebate
« on: April 02, 2007, 01:17:42 am »

I was wondering if anyone has taken advantage of the HP rebate on the Z3100 printers? I have a couple of questions for you ...

I know that you need to provide the S/N of the printer that you are upgrading from but from what I can tell from the submission form they want you to also send a copy of a printed page from the printer. Is there a particular image or something that they want you to provide, or output from the diagnostics pages from the printer? I plan on upgrading from my 7600 and have the S/N, but the printer is not currently operational and I am concerned that I might not be able to receive the rebate because I can't print a "special" image or something required for further validation.

Also, the rebate seems to be being handled by a 3rd party company not affiliated with HP. Why would this 3rd party company be willing to provide a rebate on the HP printer without requiring you to actually send the trade up printer along too. What possible benefit would they received from this program?

BTW, I am interested in the Z3100 because I live in a very low humidity area and have had nightmares over the last couple of years with the 7600 clogging badly. I have probably wasted 50% of the ink used on just clearing clogs. I am hoping that at least with the Z3100 even if I get a persistent clog, the ability to end-user change the print heads are a very attractive feature. I am incorrect in this assumption? With the 7600, I was not looking forward to have a very expensive service call to change a print head.

A. Andrew Gonzalez

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 03:10:15 am »

I'm about to mail the Upgrade Promotion conformation form.
I didn't see anything about a required print from the printer? Could you provide a link where it says this? My confirmation form only requires the purchase invoice for the z (printer description and s/n are already entered in confirmation email form)

The user replaceable print heads is one of the main reasons I moved away from Epson (I had a 9600, too many clogs and one expensive service call)

Andrew
A. Andrew Gonzalez
[url=http://www.subli

Jim Cole

• Jim Cole Photography
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 10:08:36 am »

I already submitted claims for both promotions (Upgrade and Media) and never saw anything about a printed page requirement. I certainly didn't submit one.

I have notifications that both of my claims are complete, in order and are being processed.

Jim Cole

EDIT: Your post showed up right after mine. It will be interesting if HP claims my rebate submission not valid because of that requirement which I completely missed. I read the fine print at least twice and never saw that line before. I did get the email that said the claims were complete, so we'll see what happens.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 11:36:54 am by Jim Cole »
Jim Cole
Flagstaff, AZ www.jimcolephoto.

jpmulligan

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 10:09:49 am »

I'm about to mail the Upgrade Promotion conformation form.
I didn't see anything about a required print from the printer? Could you provide a link where it says this? [{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
It's on this page, about 2/3 way down under the section Program Steps and Timing:
[a href=\"http://www.hp.com/united-states/tradein/promo/extreme/terms.html]http://www.hp.com/united-states/tradein/pr...reme/terms.html[/url]
Mail in proof of purchase sales invoice(s) (or lease documents) along with an original print sample from the trade-in printer(s)/plotter(s). This needs to be done within thirty (30) days of claim submission.
I may be making much ado about nothing, but I get kinda funny when it comes to rebates because there is always fine print that they point to when you ask why they didn't send it and they say too bad!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 10:11:11 am by jpmulligan »

Roscolo

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 11:54:15 am »

So, if the old printer doesn't work anymore and that's why I'm moving up to the z3100, how does one submit a page printed by the old printer? Pull out an old print? How about sending a blank page?

colinm

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 07:14:31 pm »

Good to see I'm not the only one with this burning question. I sent a message off to Market Velocity (who's administering the program), but have yet to hear anything back. It's only been a day, so patience, patience, I suppose.

Hopefully the requirements for the sample page are fairly lax. I'd love to pick up a Z3100, but it's really not worth it if I have to refurbish my existing printer anyway.
Colin

Charles Gast

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 07:42:43 pm »

Isn't there a number to call?  I am considering the same thing. It appears to me they don't even want the  printer sent in. What would they do with it anyway? Maybe smash it with a sledgehammer.

chris anderson

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 09:08:20 pm »

i did not submit any print from my other printer, and I sent it by fax. I got an email sayingit was in progrss and to expect to see my rebate in 6 weeks, guess we will see...........
    C

this is the email i got from them:

Hello Chris,

We received your fax of the proof of purchase.  The sales invoice shows that the purchase was made by C&C Photography and the quote submitted shows that the purchaser is Chris Anderson.

Due to the purchaser being C&C Photography, the rebate check will be made payable to C&C Photography upon claim completion.

Thank you for participating in the HP Trade-in Program.  

Sincerely,
HP Trade-in Program Customer Service

Mon-Fri, 8am-8pm, EST
mailto:hpcustomerservice@marketvelocity.com
http://www.hp.com/go/tradein
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 09:11:43 pm by chris anderson »

chris anderson

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 09:13:17 pm »

first email from them:

To receive your promotion cash back check, you must submit, either by fax or mail, the purchase Invoice of your new HP Designjet Z2100 or Z3100 Series Photo printer along with the "Confirmation Email" to:

Market Velocity, Inc.
HP Extreme Upgrade Promotion
3885 Crestwood Parkway, Suite 500
Duluth, Georgia 30096
Fax: 770-925-9064

You are not required to ship your existing printer in order to receive your cash back check.  However, if you would like to remove the printer, HP will assist in shipment of the printer, and pay for the associated shipping and recycling costs.  Please send an email message to mailto:hpcustomerservice@marketvelocity.com to receive assistance. Once your purchase Invoice has been received and validated, shipping instructions and a shipping placard for HP's preferred freight company will be sent to you electronically. You must contact HP's freight company to schedule pick-up.

For a list of purchase options, please visit http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/united-states/re...n/howtobuy.html.

If you require further assistance, send an email message to mailto:hpcustomerservice@marketvelocity.com or call 1-888-593-3835, Mon-Fri, 8am-8pm, EST.

Thank you for using the HP Extreme Upgrade Promotion.

Customer Service Manager

HP Trade-In Program

www.hp.com/go/tradein

jpmulligan

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 10:07:46 pm »

Well, it seems that maybe it wont be an issue with the print sample. I will just assume that the S/N will be all that is necessary, and since I need to move on from my 7600 anyway, I guess I will be making the purchase, rebate or not.

And, if and when anyone gets their rebate, let us know so we have an idea of how quickly they are processing the checks!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 10:09:56 pm by jpmulligan »

Haraldo

• Phoozl - photo games & more
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2007, 12:30:40 am »

Well, it seems that maybe it wont be an issue with the print sample. [...]

I just spoke with the HP LF Program Manager in the U.S. who coordinates this, and while they are asking to print something out on the old printer (to prove that it's in working order), it can be a print out of anything really. So the sample page requirement is VERY lax. They know I'm saying this.

Harald Johnson
author, "Mastering Digital Printing, Second Edition"
DP&I.com (http://www.dpandi.com)
digital printing and imaging consultant
Haraldo
aka Harald Johnson [url=http://w

Jim Cole

• Jim Cole Photography
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2007, 04:41:29 pm »

As a follow up, I just received my $1000 HP rebate for the Z3100. It took about 5 weeks. Some reported getting their checks in about 3 weeks, but I think it depends on when they receive the request and if they just cut checks once a month.

As a reminder, I did not submit and printout from the old printer as required in the rules.

The rolls of paper came in about two weeks from the $500 Media rebate.

Jim
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 05:11:27 pm by Jim Cole »
Jim Cole
Flagstaff, AZ www.jimcolephoto.

chris anderson

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2007, 05:01:10 pm »

mine was the same as jim's,
          C
Pages: [1]   Go Up