Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are B9180 Pizza Wheels also on z3100?  (Read 3443 times)

rsk72000

Are B9180 Pizza Wheels also on z3100?
« on: April 01, 2007, 06:10:03 pm »

Well, I finally got bit by the pizza wheels with the B9180. Printer had been doing fine with no indication of the pizza wheels until the last couple of prints. They run in parallel lines across the full length of the 8.5x11 page visible in the dark areas of the print.

I tried doing a closed loop calibration as some users had reported this solved their problems. No luck. While less obvious the pizza wheel marks are still there.

Has anyone else tried the shrink tubing solution as described by CliffAddy.com at http://www.cliffaddy.com/b9180.html?

Also I read on one post that someone noticed Pizza Wheels on a sample print from the z3100 but I haven't seen any other posts on Pizza Wheels on that printer

Has anyone been able to get a replacement printer from HP that solved this problem?

Thanks,
Rick

rsk72000

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 02:02:00 pm »

Follow-up..

I chatted online with HP Support. They had me print on plain paper (no tracks on cheap photo copier paper) and on HP Advanced Photo Glossy (pizza tracks). Then had me try cleaning the rollers with Pec Pad and distilled water. Not sure what good that would do.

It didn't work either so they are sending me a replacement printer.

Rick

SeanPuckett

• http://photi.ca/
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 02:21:24 pm »

I've seen a few pizza wheel tracks on z3100 output, but only when holding the prints at an extreme angle to very bright light -- and only on 8x10 media.  It's a little bit worrisome but not at all visible under normal viewing conditions.  I'm keeping an eye on it.

rsk72000

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 04:37:03 pm »

Well, the saga continues....

I received my replacement B9180 from HP and it exhibits the same pizza wheels as my original did. (Orig dated Sep 26, 2006, Replacement dated Nov. 14, 2006). On the original I didn't notice it until about 40 prints in.. This time I noticed it right away. This may be because of the picture I test for pizza wheels with is prone to it with lots of distinct areas of dark colors. The larger the print the less obvious they are. On 8x11 they really are visible. On 13x19 they are less obvious but still there.

The question I have now is should I just go for a refund and get the Epson 3800 instead? How are people doing with the 3800? For twice the money are they having any issues?

If Canon wasn't having so many support issues I'd try the ipf5000 but after these issues the last thing I want to do is try to wade through a bad printer from a bad company.
Pages: [1]   Go Up