Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with Transition from CRT to LCD  (Read 2756 times)

xmishx

Help with Transition from CRT to LCD
« on: March 31, 2007, 01:32:00 pm »

I'm late to the party I know, but I'm switching over from a 19 inch Lacie electron blue IV ti a Dell wfp2007 LCD. Right now, I've got both monitors set up side by side, each to a different computer. I've calibrated both monitors and the LCD is significantly brighter than the CRT. Colour seems to be fine, it is the density that is really off.

I guess I should mention I'm using Macintosh computers, the LCD is hooked up to a new Mac Book Pro in spanning mode. Can anyone give me any advice, opinions, banter as to what I might have done incorrectly?

Thanks,

Ted
Ted Mishima
[url=http://www.mishimaphoto

BradSmith

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 03:26:47 pm »

Inexpensive LCD monitors are generally too bright.  Your Dell shows a spec of 300 cd/m2.  Most all "experts" seem to agree that a brightness between 100-120 cd/m2 is the "right" brightness.

Seems that one of the distinguishing features of the expensive monitors that are so often discussed on this and other sites, is their ability to reduce their "normal" brightness down to this desired range.

Tim Lookingbill

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 02:36:07 am »

Why don't you adjust the backlight on the LCD to the same luminance as your CRT and calibrate from there. Have both showing a white screen.

Even better would be to adjust the backlight at the point in the calibration software where the vLuts clear. You should see it in the form of the screen changing contrast or darkening.
Pages: [1]   Go Up