Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C1LE and Lightroom RAW converters  (Read 2350 times)

scubarob639

C1LE and Lightroom RAW converters
« on: March 30, 2007, 09:20:06 pm »

I've been using C1 LE  to convert Raw files from my 1Dmkll for a couple of years. I use their generic 1Dmkll camera profile and my jpegs and tiffs look great.  Recently I downloaded the 30 day trial of Lightroom.  I love the tools it comes with and the layout and printing capability, but the raw converter just doesn't look as good as C1.  The colors are off and the pics look dull.  I there a way to use the C1 camera profile in Lightroom or are there other issues which prevent Lightroom from converting as well as C1?  I've tried various other converters and to my eye, C1 works best.

D White

• Don White
    • iStock
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 12:59:03 am »

I can not get LR to match the results of C1 either.
Dr D White DDS BSc

francois

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 05:28:26 am »

I've been using C1 LE  to convert Raw files from my 1Dmkll for a couple of years. I use their generic 1Dmkll camera profile and my jpegs and tiffs look great.  Recently I downloaded the 30 day trial of Lightroom.  I love the tools it comes with and the layout and printing capability, but the raw converter just doesn't look as good as C1.  The colors are off and the pics look dull.  I there a way to use the C1 camera profile in Lightroom or are there other issues which prevent Lightroom from converting as well as C1?  I've tried various other converters and to my eye, C1 works best.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
C1 camera profiles are specific to C1 and cannot be used with Lightroom. What you might want to try is to calibrate Lightroom using Tom Fors script. See whow to do it [a href=\"http://web.mac.com/sidjervis/iWeb/Lightroom%20Extra/FAQ%20SET%20UP.html]here[/url] (look for Camera Calibration - Fors script).
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up