Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to sort originals from their virtual copies?  (Read 3354 times)

John Schweikert

How to sort originals from their virtual copies?
« on: March 29, 2007, 05:12:28 pm »

-
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 02:07:21 pm by John-S »

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 05:42:11 pm »

Read this post and the one it links to. You may be able to get yourself out of the current problem by sorting the pictures by Edit Time, then marking them.

John

BFoto

• Brad's blog
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 10:32:54 am »

I would like to add my little clich.

When i make a virtual copy (VC) while in the Folders (with all metadata and key words equal) - the VC does NOT appear when i am in the keywords (numerically it tells me that it is, but visually not. It even makes a blank space on UI where the image would appear).

When i make a VC while in the keywords it only appears in the Folders and not in the.

So, this mean in order for me to develop a virtual copy i must do so via the Folders. Does this not defeat the purpose of having keywords?

Brad

Monito

• MonitoPhoto
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 04:07:09 pm »

Shoot Raw mode and then processed copies can't be confused with the originals.

An additional way is to use an intake program like DIM 4 http://www.alanlight.com/dim/Dim.htm (free) to download the originals and copy them to back up while renaming them to a useful name like YYYYMMDD-hhmmss.  I put all my originals in a directory tree called Raw (subfolders YYYY/MM/DD) and then any processed images go into a directory tree called Devd with similar subfolders.  As I process images I add tags onto the end of the name like "-bw" or "-proc" or "-w1024", etc. to distinguish versions from one another.  Final full size versions are simply ".jpg" with no tag, and web-ready versions are "-web" tagged.
Pages: [1]   Go Up