Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Fuji S5 Yields good images  (Read 3093 times)

kirktuck

• http://www.kirktuck.com
New Fuji S5 Yields good images
« on: March 28, 2007, 07:13:14 pm »

I rarely post on the site.  I usually read and soak up the vast knowledge available here.  Today I can't help myself.  I bought a Fuji S5 yesterday and used it on a location portrait shoot today and I am entirely smitten by the quality of the Jpeg files.  I used one of the film settings Fa and found my portraits to be much better than anything I've seen from my D2x.  They required no intervention before uploading a web gallery.  The LCD monitor is also superior to the D2x.  It's a "WYSIWYG" thing for sure.  No problem with the buffer (I was shooting Jpeg Medium (2000x3000) fine).

I am using the Nikon MB-200 battery grip with two Fuji Batteries.  Tonight I am supposed to shoot a stage show for a local theater and I'm looking forward to testing the ISO 1600 and 3200 settings.

Really a nice camera for someone who spends most of their day shooting people.

Thanks, Kirk Tuck
www.kirktuck.com

Craig Murphy

• http://www.murphyphotography.com
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 10:46:46 am »

There is a new review over on Crockett's site  www.shootsmarter.com
CMurph

KT322

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 07:34:56 pm »

I rarely post on the site.  I usually read and soak up the vast knowledge available here.  Today I can't help myself.  I bought a Fuji S5 yesterday and used it on a location portrait shoot today and I am entirely smitten by the quality of the Jpeg files.  I used one of the film settings Fa and found my portraits to be much better than anything I've seen from my D2x.  They required no intervention before uploading a web gallery.  The LCD monitor is also superior to the D2x.  It's a "WYSIWYG" thing for sure.  No problem with the buffer (I was shooting Jpeg Medium (2000x3000) fine).

I am using the Nikon MB-200 battery grip with two Fuji Batteries.  Tonight I am supposed to shoot a stage show for a local theater and I'm looking forward to testing the ISO 1600 and 3200 settings.

Really a nice camera for someone who spends most of their day shooting people.

Thanks, Kirk Tuck
www.kirktuck.com
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=109246\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I wholeheartedly concur. The images from an outdoor location shoot (in bright sunlight, with shadows all over the place) were far better than those my D200 produced. I used the film setting F1b, which works great for outdoor portraits. The extended dynamic range is very evident in such situations. I shot RAW + JPEG (fine) and haven't even looked at the RAW files yet, as I was able to take the JPEG's and print them without ANY modifications.

Kiran
Pages: [1]   Go Up