Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR external editor - need help  (Read 3218 times)

ElisemkII

LR external editor - need help
« on: March 28, 2007, 06:22:32 pm »

Hi all; i've used cs3 for a while and than go back to my official copy of cs2 removing cs3. (cs2 stay on my pc unchanged during this trial cs3). Now when I try to set photoshop as external editor lr do not find him and I must set the additional external editor as ps. Anyone has a solution?? thanks a lot and sorry for my bad E. Alberto - italy
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 06:23:33 pm by ElisemkII »

Jim White

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 05:44:34 pm »

Hi Alberto
I think you need to just run the LR installation again. It doesn't take long and will re-find?? PS.
Not ideal, but I can't find any other way.
Jim

JayS

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 09:57:19 am »

Hi all; i've used cs3 for a while and than go back to my official copy of cs2 removing cs3. (cs2 stay on my pc unchanged during this trial cs3). Now when I try to set photoshop as external editor lr do not find him and I must set the additional external editor as ps. Anyone has a solution?? thanks a lot and sorry for my bad E. Alberto - italy
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=109224\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This is from the help section..  Maybe trying the method in the Note below might help?

Choose an external editor

You can designate an application to be used as an external editor in the Preferences dialog box. Once an application is chosen, you can always use Preferences to change to a different application.

1. In the External Editors preferences, click Choose in the Additional External Editor area.
   2. When the External Editor dialog box opens, navigate to and select the application you want to use, and then click Open (Windows) or Choose (Mac OS).
      Note: You can also select an external editor by choosing Photo > Edit In Other Application from the Library or Develop module. You’ll be prompted to navigate to and select the application you want to use. Once you choose an external editor, the name of the application appears as Edit In [Name of Application] in the Photo menu.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 09:59:53 am by JayS »

Carl Harsch

• http://www.ohenry.smugmug.com
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 12:19:12 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=109224\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

On a PC, run regedit and navigate to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Photoshop.exe]

Change the entries from CS3 to CS2 (make sure it points to the correct directory).

Restart your computer

ElisemkII

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 02:56:09 pm »

thanks Carl, now the external editor can see PS...
see you soon

alberto

On a PC, run regedit and navigate to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Photoshop.exe]

Change the entries from CS3 to CS2 (make sure it points to the correct directory).

Restart your computer
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=109878\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

JayS

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 10:17:54 am »

Restart your computer
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=109878\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Good to know... now how about on a Mac?    

Jay S.

peterm1

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2007, 10:09:31 pm »

I have the exact same problem and can't seem to fix it.  When I go into regedit on my PC, I can navigate to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\, but then there is no "photoshop.exe" in the list.  Any tips?  Can I create something there that will fix this?

UPDATE: I fixed it by adding a shortcut to Photoshop.exe file in the export actions folder.

Thanks,

Peter
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 10:16:08 pm by peterm1 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up