Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rollei  (Read 2441 times)

Lumi55

Rollei
« on: March 28, 2007, 08:07:39 am »

Hello,

I´ve been photographing for some years now and are currently using a Hasselblad 500CM with a 80-mm lens and a Nikon D200. I am doing all kinds of photos; portrait, wedding, travel and artistic photos.  I have a great passion for travel and art photography and for this purpose I am now only using my Hasselblad.

I bought the Hasselblad used for a couple of years ago, but find it hard to focus! I would wish to focus more quicker, especially in family situations, street shots, travel etc. Therefor I am considering to go into the Rollei system.

It is two cameras that interests me, the Rollei 6008-AF - because of the auto-focus. I am very near-sighted, using glasses, and are told by my optician that I only see 70% of what is normal(with glasses). I have always had difficulties to find focus, but with patience it works.

The other camera is the Rollei FX 2.8 - because it looks compact, and are probably not that heavy to carry around. And for the moment I am very happy to only use the 80-mm with the Hasselblad - no need for other lenses yet. Compared to the hasselblad - is this camera easier to focus? My Hasselblad is a 500-cm with the newest lens, CFE, and I think a newer acute matte screen.

Could you please give me any advice?

Thank you so much!

Best regards,
Lumis

peterpix2005

• http://perpublisher.com
Rollei
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 10:14:44 am »

I had a Rollie 6008 and I don't consider it light to carry around. Don't remember the actual weight but I wouldn't want to lug it as I  do with my Canon 5D. Of course, I also found the Canon  Mark II too heavy to carry all day as well.

Per Ofverbeck

• http://elgfoto.se
Rollei
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 01:29:08 pm »

Hello,

....I bought the Hasselblad used for a couple of years ago, but find it hard to focus! I would wish to focus more quicker, especially in family situations, street shots, travel etc. Therefor I am considering to go into the Rollei system.

It is two cameras that interests me, the Rollei 6008-AF - because of the auto-focus. I am very near-sighted, using glasses, and are told by my optician that I only see 70% of what is normal(with glasses). I have always had difficulties to find focus, but with patience it works.

The other camera is the Rollei FX 2.8......
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=109101\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
FWIW, my last non-digital cameras were a Hassy (with the newest AcuteMatte), and a nice Rolleiflex 2.8E (with a new Rollei screen adapted), both with Planar 80/2.8 (and both with the right eypiece lens for my eyesight).  From that experience, I find it very hard to believe that you would find the Rollei easier to focus than the Hassy; for me it was decidedly the other way around....

With the eyesight problems you describe, I think autofocus is the only realistic solution.  But why not use your D200 with a VERY good lens?  That´s exactly what has replaced my 120 film cameras, and that without any loss of quality whatsoever (but I do miss that square format...).  If you get an AF 35/2 for it, you have roughly the equivalent of 80 on the Hassy, and a smaller, lighter, and far faster-working outfit.  Try it; since you already have the D200, the 35/2 can be found very cheap used.
Per Ofverbeck
My
Pages: [1]   Go Up