Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ixpress 384 upgrade help  (Read 4422 times)

ixpressraf

Ixpress 384 upgrade help
« on: March 27, 2007, 03:43:33 pm »

Hello medium format digital back users, please help me out...
I am using an imacon ( hasselblad) ixpress 384C for some thime now. It is the one with the 4 shot and 16 shot multi and microstep.
I am now thinking about upgrading to the 31 or 39Mp cf back with image bank> However i am still in doubt about the loss of multishot wich is not possible with the 31 and 39Mp.
When shooting fabrics, or grinded materials ( such as sanding paper look alike materials  or fine structured materials) in studio, there is a huge difference between the single shot and the multishot images. Therefor, i am a bit afraid that i am going to do a bad thing by upgrading ( or downgrading as you like ) to a one shot only system.
Plus, if i schould go for the 39Mp, schould i do the trade in offered by hasselblad or is it better to try to find a buyer for my back. I have had it completely refurbished last year and used it only for the real demanding pictures only eversince. ( not much pictures made with the back)
Good advice wanted. I am using my backs on contax, fuji 680, rollei and hasselblad H. Goiing to phase one is out of the question.

Nick_T

Ixpress 384 upgrade help
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 04:26:16 pm »

Hello medium format digital back users, please help me out...
I am using an imacon ( hasselblad) ixpress 384C for some thime now. It is the one with the 4 shot and 16 shot multi and microstep.
I am now thinking about upgrading to the 31 or 39Mp cf back with image bank> However i am still in doubt about the loss of multishot wich is not possible with the 31 and 39Mp.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=109015\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

There is a 39 Multi-shot, it's called the 39MS  (It doesn't do 16 shots , only 4..) I too own a 384 and wouldn't be without multi-shot, I will probably upgrade it a CF22MS alongside an H3D31.

Nick-T
[url=http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.c

RicAgu

Ixpress 384 upgrade help
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 05:25:26 pm »

I would find a buyer for yours as I believe you get more than what Hassy is offering as a trade in value.

Since you had it completely overhauled just a year ago and have the paperwork to prove it someone will pay a bit more than a battered back.

Hasselblad does offer the 39 in a multi-shot mode and I recently rented it on a jewelry shoot and was blown away by the files.

Since you have the plates for the Imacon you just need the back and no need for plates as the same plated will work on a CF 39MS

What country are you located in?

Best of luck.

R

ixpressraf

Ixpress 384 upgrade help
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 05:55:17 pm »

I was already a bit concerned that upgrading to a CF product as they call it would not be the best thing to do for what image quality is concerned. on the other hand, i do a lot  more " one shot " pictures than multi or micro steps.
i am located in Belgium.

Henry Goh

Ixpress 384 upgrade help
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 05:46:20 am »

I was already a bit concerned that upgrading to a CF product as they call it would not be the best thing to do for what image quality is concerned. on the other hand, i do a lot  more " one shot " pictures than multi or micro steps.
i am located in Belgium.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=109038\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi

Could you please share your experience of that upgrading.  Did you end up with the CF39MS?  How do you find the image quality compared to your 382C?

Thanks.

ixpressraf

Ixpress 384 upgrade help
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 06:18:45 am »

Hi, i ended up with a CF39 one shot and an extra 384 back. For most applications the 39CF one shot is more than enough and for the special jobs i now have two wonderfull 384's. Very versitile and extreem high IQ, especially after the release of latest flexcolor versions, 4.7 and up. The 39CF is a perfect back, IQ unsurpassed by anithing available. But for fabrics, printed stuff, grinded metal and more.... there is nothing better than a multishot.
Atached is a example image to show the differences between one and multi/micro shot.

Henry Goh

Ixpress 384 upgrade help
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2007, 07:14:05 am »

Hi, i ended up with a CF39 one shot and an extra 384 back. For most applications the 39CF one shot is more than enough and for the special jobs i now have two wonderfull 384's. Very versitile and extreem high IQ, especially after the release of latest flexcolor versions, 4.7 and up. The 39CF is a perfect back, IQ unsurpassed by anithing available. But for fabrics, printed stuff, grinded metal and more.... there is nothing better than a multishot.
Atached is a example image to show the differences between one and multi/micro shot.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=139548\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks RAF for the feedback.  Yes, I have seen this sample before and was really impressed.  I was wondering if you have samples for fabric shots?  I asked because looking at IKEA's catalogs, I figure they must be shooting with MS backs but I also remember that they were using Phase so not sure what they are doing now.  Their fabric shots are full of texture and details and colours are vibrant and most likely faithful.

Henry
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 07:14:21 am by Henry Goh »

Henry Goh

Ixpress 384 upgrade help
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2007, 02:43:31 am »

Anyone in the know? ...

I was looking at IKEA's catalogs, I figure they must be shooting with MS backs but I also remember that they were using Phase so not sure what they are doing now. Their fabric shots are full of texture and details and colors are vibrant and most likely faithful.

Any in Europe / Sweden knows anything about IKEA's studio and their work?
Pages: [1]   Go Up