Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: ImagePrint, ColorBurst, Onyx Oh My!  (Read 13592 times)

Craig Murphy

• http://www.murphyphotography.com
ImagePrint, ColorBurst, Onyx Oh My!
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2007, 11:02:19 am »

uyruytf
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 11:04:19 am by Craig Murphy »
CMurph

Craig Murphy

• http://www.murphyphotography.com
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2007, 11:02:57 am »

Maybe Qimage can do it?  Worth a post on the Qimage forum or right to DDI software anyway.  What does it cost?  50 bucks or so?  Do you really need a RIP?  Sounds like you just need a layout program.
CMurph

nemophoto

• Nemo Niemann Photography
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2007, 12:36:48 pm »

GamutGirl,

If you want a true RIP to print to all those printers, and need Postscript as well, I'd go with PosterPrint -- the big brother of StudioPrint.

If you purchase the license for the 9600, it allows you to print to an unlimited number of smaller printers. Many other RIPs are "one computer -- one printer".

www.ergosoftus.com

Peter, at Ergo, is very helpful if you have questions on how it would work with your setup, etc. I purchased StudioPrint through Inkjetmall because of printing with Piezography BW inks. Peter was very helpful getting me going. I had a 15-day trial and bought the program after two days, I was so sold. (I didn't need Postscript, because I already have Colorburst for my 4000).

The downside: you need to create paper environments, linearizations and profiles for anything you want to use, though they do have a handful of pre-made profile on their web site. They also offer a profiling system that's tightly integrated with their RIP.

Do you guys have a Spectrophotometer and software to manage your profiles? This is a must for you. A good RIP will also help eliminate your color shifts simply by re-linearizing the paper profile periodically, using your Eye-One and the like.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 12:37:32 pm by nemophoto »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up