Raw & Post Processing, Printing > Digital Image Processing

PTGui vs Autopano Pro vs PTAssembler

(1/20) > >>

Christopher:
Hello,

I'm testing all three programs right now and as soon as finished I will upload some results. Just wanted to ask who tested them before ? What did you find out ? What was the best ? Is there one best or is every programm doing something especially good ?

Thanks for the input.

Christopher

BernardLanguillier:
My personnal opinion is that PTgui is head and shoulder above the competition.

Cheers,
Bernard

Chris_T:

--- Quote ---Hello,

I'm testing all three programs right now and as soon as finished I will upload some results. Just wanted to ask who tested them before ? What did you find out ? What was the best ? Is there one best or is every programm doing something especially good ?

Thanks for the input.
Christopher
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=108944\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
--- End quote ---

And don't forget Hugin, a freeware based on PT. I tried it very briefly with two well overlapped images, and didn't get too far. The UI is pretty daunting, and I don't understand it well enough from the available documentation. Perhaps that's my problem.

Would like to hear your results.

Chris_T:

--- Quote ---My personnal opinion is that PTgui is head and shoulder above the competition.

Cheers,
Bernard
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=108947\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
--- End quote ---

Can you elaborate why?

BernardLanguillier:

--- Quote ---Can you elaborate why?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=108950\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
--- End quote ---

Yes,

I have tried several packages, including the expensive Realviz Stitcher, presented by many as The reference.

None of those could get even close to PTgui in terms of:

1. Ability to do fully automated stitches,
2. Ability to retouch by hand and ease of doing so,
3. Stability when dealing with huge images,
4. Ability to compensate for slightly off axis images even with wide angles and a close foreground
5. Image quality,
6. Options in terms of outputing PS format for manual retouching.

I don't even want to waste time looking any further, none of the gear I use is as close to perfection as PTgui for panorama.

Regards,
Bernard

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version