Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Preferred canon repair center?  (Read 2692 times)

DarkPenguin

Preferred canon repair center?
« on: March 25, 2007, 06:23:02 pm »

Is one better than the other?  In repairs or turnaround?

Right now I'm picking NJ based on 1049.41 (Tornado warning in March?  Spiffy.  It's the end of the world.  I'm going to spend my 401k on camera gear.) miles vs 1504.06 miles to CA.

JerseyT

• Judd Photo Page
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 06:56:56 pm »

Is one better than the other?  In repairs or turnaround?

Right now I'm picking NJ based on 1049.41 (Tornado warning in March?  Spiffy.  It's the end of the world.  I'm going to spend my 401k on camera gear.) miles vs 1504.06 miles to CA.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=108649\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have no experience with CA, but have used NJ for my 10D.  I'm within driving distance, so can't vouch for their shipping, but they did the repair promptly at the quoted (flat fee) cost, and cleaned the sensor at no extra charge.

DarkPenguin

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 07:38:48 pm »

As that's where I sent it that sounds good.

Carl Harsch

• http://www.ohenry.smugmug.com
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 10:46:59 pm »

I've used the CA service center and was pleased with the service.  I would just send it to the nearest facility.

X-Re

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 09:36:10 am »

Mine end up in Cali, as well, at the direction of Canon. Came back fixed, and relatively promptly, so... (took a couple of weeks, in my case...)
Dave Re
dave@daverephoto.com website: [u

David R. Gurtcheff

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 05:42:46 pm »

Mine end up in Cali, as well, at the direction of Canon. Came back fixed, and relatively promptly, so... (took a couple of weeks, in my case...)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=109360\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I live in southern NJ, and used the NJ facility to repair my 70~200 f4L. The auto focus would not work, and the lens would not stop down so everything would be overexposed. I got an email repair estimate in several days, and in another 2 or so days after I gave them the OK, it was finished. It was about $100 for matl and labor, plus shipping and NJ tax. I am very satisfied with the repair experience.
Dave G.
Pages: [1]   Go Up