Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't access print prefrences on Z3100 !!!  (Read 14558 times)

Jim Cole

• Jim Cole Photography
Can't access print prefrences on Z3100 !!!
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2007, 09:53:21 pm »

Chris,

Thanks, that worked...I got rid of about 15-20. Funny what it will and won't let you delete.

Jim
Jim Cole
Flagstaff, AZ www.jimcolephoto.

Natermo

• http://www.suncrestdigital.com
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2007, 11:16:04 am »

Is there any way to get this beta driver?  I am experiencing the same problem.

Nathaniel

There is a known bug with the released version of the printer driver where it will crash like yours has, once you have more than a certain number of custom page sizes. The beta version I have fixes this but who knows when HP is going to make it public.

The only way to fix it with the version you have is unistall the driver, delete the HP folder in th programs file folder and re-install.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=108620\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Panascape

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2007, 11:24:02 am »

The beta driver has the same problem but allows about 3 more pages to be created. I have reported thsi to HP and am awaiting feedback from them.

Robert

matlockcopy

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2007, 03:37:26 pm »

Having recently purchased a HP Z3100 44" printer, I, like may of you, found that I was suddenly getting a "function address etc" message. I admit that I was getting desparate as I had a customer waiting for some fine art prints on a watercolour paper. Such was the problem that I seriously considered that the computer must be at fault and was about to purchase a replacement having reinstalled the software several times. How in God's name can a company such as HP allow an otherwise superb printer to be sold with such a blatent problem. I thought the interface on a 2500CP was bad enough but having to reinstall the software everytime I want to print is a bit much. If enough of us batter HP (and there must be a fair few by now) would we make a difference? the could do with taking a few lessons from Canon on their 8400pg which has an excellent interface. I feel like rejecting it under warranty - which might prompt my supplier to carp at HP.

Ken
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 03:39:21 pm by matlockcopy »

Panascape

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2007, 05:17:28 pm »

I have the beta of the latest windows driver and so far so good. I am told it will be coming out really soon, hopefully still this month.

marty m

• http://
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2007, 06:27:23 pm »

I read about this problem in early posts, and have been able to avoid reinstalling the driver.  I have a generic paper size called TO CHANGE, and I just keep changing and modifying that, so I don't add yet another paper size that would cause a crash.  I have been been able to avoid reinstalling the driver using this work-around.  It is a pain, but it works in the meantime, until a new windows driver is released.

stevenh

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2007, 05:16:31 pm »

i just now stumbled across this thread.  thanks to all of you.  as soon as i synched  my papers i had the problem. although i only have custom papers and one profile that i created for the hahn. smooth fineart paper.

i continue to marvel at the "intelligence" built into the z3100 compared to all of the things i used to have to do manually as far as calibration, adjustment, maintenance, etc. BUT i also marvel at how foolish HP is when it comes to their UI software and drivers.  How can you spend so much time, brainpower and money designing the physical machine so well (i mean, even the small nuances for assembly and set up are above industry standard) but how can you screw up the drivers, UI's, etc. so badly and then say things like "windows isn't our problem"  of course it's part of their problem. it's like creating a great automobile charging a lot for it then not telling anyone that it doesn't perform well on convventional fuel and later saying that it's not the manufacturer's/designer's problem that it doesn't run on the fuel everyone uses.

i have printed on epsons "for ever". and i love the prints on the z3100 but HP does need to heed it's customers comments. even if it's painful.  good relations between customers and the company always do an amazing job of evolving a product.

sorry.... heh.... time to step off my soap box.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up