Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Innova Fibaprint Ultra Smooth Gloss in USA?  (Read 9064 times)

rsk72000

Innova Fibaprint Ultra Smooth Gloss in USA?
« on: March 23, 2007, 12:00:27 am »

I've searched my normal shopping engines and can't find anyone that carries this paper for sale yet in the USA. Anyone know of a site selling this in the US?

Thanks,
Rick

william

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 12:50:49 am »

www.shadesofpaper.com should have it.

I've searched my normal shopping engines and can't find anyone that carries this paper for sale yet in the USA. Anyone know of a site selling this in the US?

Thanks,
Rick
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=108206\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

John Hollenberg

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 01:18:03 am »

www.shadesofpaper.com should have it.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=108208\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It isn't listed yet on their web site.

--John

picnic

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 08:25:45 am »

It isn't listed yet on their web site.

--John
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=108211\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

John,   check directly with them as some of the Innova papers have had name changes.  I learned that when I discussed Innova semi matte with them.  Jim Doyle is great and will give you the correct info and help you find the paper.

Diane

Greg_E

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 10:04:04 am »

Yes, drop Jim an email or give them a call. They may not have it yet, or they may not have had the time to update the website. If they don't have it you'll be able to get on the waiting list.

John Hollenberg

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 12:15:48 pm »

Jim at Shades of Paper doesn't have it in yet, but hopes to be getting some sheets today.

--John

JeffKohn

• http://jeffk-photo.typepad.com
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 12:19:11 pm »

I"m curious how the newer Fibraprint Ultra Smooth Gloss and and FibaPrint White Semi-Matte compare to the F-Type Gloss that was released last year, both in paper surface and the degree of glossiness. Does anybody know of any comparisons of these papers?
Jeff Kohn
[url=http://ww

pflower

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2007, 12:54:22 pm »

I"m curious how the newer Fibraprint Ultra Smooth Gloss and and FibaPrint White Semi-Matte compare to the F-Type Gloss that was released last year, both in paper surface and the degree of glossiness. Does anybody know of any comparisons of these papers?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=108272\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I've just printed 30 B&W negs on the Ultrasmooth using a 3800 with ABW.  Don't know anything about the semi-matte but the ultrasmooth is glossy, has virtually no surface texture compared to the F-type, has a significantly greater Dmax and looks pretty similar to Oriental Seagull on which I had printed the same negs.  As far as I am concerned we are getting very close to a traditional fibre based silver paper.  The prints are definitely better (deeper blacks and wider DR)  than the ones on F-Type gloss.

photopat

• http://
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2007, 01:07:09 pm »

Paper surface on the ultrasmooth is really smoth compared to the F-Gloss.
Gloss more or less as  air dried fiberbase  paper.

Really nice D-max ( don't have any values) but it separate the really deep shadows better than Crane Museo Silver Rag ( not by much but better)
This was using their profile for the 3800 ( and the profile is actually really good)
I have't tried any with a custom profile yet.

The only problem with this paper is the heavy curl that sometimes even exist on cut sheets. ( they know about it and are working to fixing it atm).

Patrick.

dkeyes

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2007, 01:27:48 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=108272\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I have the FibaPrint White Semi-Matte and some Hanhnemuele Fine Art Pearl.
I like the Fine Art Pearl surface better, more even. The FibaPrint semi-matte is bumpier, more like a traditional photo paper. The Fine Art Pearl prints better on my printer as well (z3100).
I really want to compare it to the Ultra Smooth Gloss and Moab Colorado Satin. No one has these in stock yet.
-Doug

JeffKohn

• http://jeffk-photo.typepad.com
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2007, 04:57:50 pm »

Thanks for the feedback. So is the Ultrasmooth Gloss substantially glossier than F-Type? I thinkt the amount of gloss on the F-Type paper is "just right" and I've been pretty happy with this paper but if the paper surface itself were a bit smoother I'd be even happier.

It sounds like th Semi-matte isn't what I'm looking for.
Jeff Kohn
[url=http://ww

John Hollenberg

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2007, 09:45:36 pm »

Just heard back from Jim at Shades of Paper.  He has 8.5X11, 13X19 and 17X22 sheets in stock, all in 50 sheet packages.  Price is higher than the F-Type gloss.

--John

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2007, 12:19:59 am »

Wow, dang, and I thought F-Type White Gloss was already on the pricey side. A 50-pack of 8.5x11 of the new USG must be setting a new record!  

Except maybe for Pictorico HGWF ...    

Eric
Eric Chan

photopat

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2007, 01:51:19 am »

Must just be how they set their prices.
In Sweden it's cheaper than F-gloss.

Christerart

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2007, 12:29:36 pm »

Thanks,
Rick
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Rick,

Booksmartstudio has it - just ordered some:

[a href=\"http://www.booksmartstudio.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=71_1_251]http://www.booksmartstudio.com/store/index...&cPath=71_1_251[/url]

My experience with Jim Doyle has not been good - My rep ordered $200 worth of paper to her Canadian address. He said he sent it US mail without tracking - not registered, it never arrived, he refused to resend UPS/registered or credit her. Not a good experience..

Christer

Geoff Wittig

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2007, 12:50:07 pm »

I have the FibaPrint White Semi-Matte and some Hanhnemuele Fine Art Pearl.
I like the Fine Art Pearl surface better, more even. The FibaPrint semi-matte is bumpier, more like a traditional photo paper. The Fine Art Pearl prints better on my printer as well (z3100).
I really want to compare it to the Ultra Smooth Gloss and Moab Colorado Satin. No one has these in stock yet.
-Doug
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=108285\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

How do you get this to print on your Z3100? I own this printer, and got obnoxious zebra-stripe head strikes right in the middle of the first couple of 13x19" pages I tried to print, even using the appropriate paper preset. What's your secret?

dgillilan

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2007, 04:44:05 pm »

Hello All,
I checked and am interested in trying this paper on my Epson R1800 printer, which has the gloss optimizer ink cartridge.  Unfortunately, the Innova website does not offer an icc profile for this paper-printer. There is an icc profile for my Epson 3800 printer, however, and some others. I have emailed Innova to request this icc profile to be posted. You would think that the glossy-special printer from Epson, the R1800, would definitely be one that they would have an icc profile posted for, with this new glossy paper, on the site of Innova.

I also noticed on the Booksmart Studio site, that they are charging for icc profiles, that seem to be available from mfr sites, (i.e., not "custom profiles") for example Hahnmuelhe Photo Rag, Hahn. William Turner, etc. Not sure why they would do this, they seem to state that their profiles are developed in-house, but I do not understand why that wold be "better" than the ones from the mfr. Anyone?

I will update here if Innova replies to my request for info. on the icc profile for this new pgloss paper with an Epson R1800 printer (glossy-special ink).
Thanks for posting the news of the new paper, I'd like to try it,
Debra

rdonson

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2007, 04:54:40 pm »

How do you get this to print on your Z3100? I own this printer, and got obnoxious zebra-stripe head strikes right in the middle of the first couple of 13x19" pages I tried to print, even using the appropriate paper preset. What's your secret?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125616\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You used the HP "Fine Art Pearl Paper (more ink)" custom paper type for HFAP and got head strikes?
Regards,
Ron

Geoff Wittig

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2007, 06:57:40 pm »

You used the HP "Fine Art Pearl Paper (more ink)" custom paper type for HFAP and got head strikes?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125640\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Correct. I generated a profile using the built-in spectro with the fine art pearl (more ink) preset recommended by HP's PDF document. When I used the profile on a favorite black & white image, the resulting print otherwise looked lovely, but had a zebra stripe dead center. That was enough for me; I trashed one of the print heads a week after I got the printer when I used an incorrect media preset on thick paper causing a wicked head strike.
I didn't feel like tempting fate by using HFAP again.

mjros61

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2007, 04:04:13 pm »

try Adorama.com
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up