Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Topic locked  (Read 3767 times)

Rob C

Topic locked
« on: March 22, 2007, 04:48:59 pm »

Oh Michael, just as it was starting to become a real discussion with real views rather than cant and sycophantic compliments going back and forth; I can understand you getting nervous with the bigger picture in mind, but this has a whiff of fear that doesn't suit the intrepid traveller to the distant icebergs...

Your site - your call; but disappointing.

Ciao - Rob C

Nill Toulme

• http://www.toulmephoto.com
Topic locked
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 05:47:56 pm »

It got as far as Jesus; you were hoping maybe for an example of Godwin's Law?  ;-)

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net

michael

Topic locked
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 06:58:19 pm »

I closed it because it was no longer about photography. I didn't delete it, I just closed it so that we could all move on.

The topic of censorship is another matter, but not what this site is about.

I found the whole thing to be rather silly actually. The shot was tamer than a 60 foor tall billboard I saw today on the side of a bulding in Toronto for Calvin Klein jeans.

There are a thousand blogs online for people who want to discuss censorship and religion. Let's talk about photography here.

Michael

John Camp

Topic locked
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 10:52:51 pm »

The shot was tamer than a 60 foor tall billboard I saw today on the side of a bulding in Toronto for Calvin Klein jeans.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=108166\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

A somewhat serious question -- how do they shoot those huge pictures? What kind of camera? Do they up up-rez, or just use some painting/graphics program, so that it's essentially a painting? If you stand close to it, do you see pixels?

JC

David Anderson

• http://www.twigwater.com
Topic locked
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 01:19:39 am »

The couple I've shot were done off A3 artwork at 320dpi..

Up close the don't look that great..

michael

Topic locked
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 06:29:56 am »

Usually large format film, or these days medium format with a 30+ MP sensor.

I've even seen some 35mm done as billboards on occasion.

The point is that the half tone dots can be as big as golfballs, but when you're looking at it from 200 feet away it looks continious tone.

Michael

Rob C

Topic locked
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 11:28:28 am »

I closed it because it was no longer about photography. I didn't delete it, I just closed it so that we could all move on.

The topic of censorship is another matter, but not what this site is about.

I found the whole thing to be rather silly actually. The shot was tamer than a 60 foor tall billboard I saw today on the side of a bulding in Toronto for Calvin Klein jeans.

There are a thousand blogs online for people who want to discuss censorship and religion. Let's talk about photography here.

Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=108166\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Okay Michael, you have the divine right of the final arbitration; but as a Parthian shot, let me just say that you are absolutely wrong to claim that this topic is outside the scope of Lu-La: it was raised in response (the topic) to a photograph published here; the debate was about its relevance to Lu-La. How much more pertinent to the site one can get I don't know!

Pax, hombre!

Rob C
Pages: [1]   Go Up