Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom - Contact Sheet Header / Footer?  (Read 6949 times)

convergent

Lightroom - Contact Sheet Header / Footer?
« on: March 21, 2007, 10:50:54 am »

I am thinking the answer to this is no, but is there any way to put a custom header and/or footer on a contact sheet?  I tried page numbers but they aren't showing on the printed output... but do show on the rendered view in Lightroom.  What I'd like to do is put the name of the customer, the shoot, and the date at the top or bottom of each page, along with a page number... ideally 1 of x  kind of thing.  I am guessing this is Version 2 stuff.

francois

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 11:29:51 am »

I am thinking the answer to this is no, but is there any way to put a custom header and/or footer on a contact sheet?  I tried page numbers but they aren't showing on the printed output... but do show on the rendered view in Lightroom.  What I'd like to do is put the name of the customer, the shoot, and the date at the top or bottom of each page, along with a page number... ideally 1 of x  kind of thing.  I am guessing this is Version 2 stuff.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=107868\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
You may want to play with the Identity Plate (change the text and resize/move it). It'll give a footer or a header.  
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 11:30:43 am by francois »
Francois

convergent

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 12:45:20 pm »

You may want to play with the Identity Plate (change the text and resize/move it). It'll give a footer or a header. 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=107875\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks... that did the trick for the header.  I was under the impression that the Identity Plate would also change it on the screen, but I guess not.  Now my problem is that I can't watermark the images, AND have a header... oh well.

I am still not getting the page numbers... I am assuming this is something in the printing settings thats maybe cutting it off.  I am printing to a Sony UPDR150 4x6 contact sheets 4 up.  The page number is off the page I believe.

francois

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 12:58:53 pm »

Thanks... that did the trick for the header.  I was under the impression that the Identity Plate would also change it on the screen, but I guess not.  Now my problem is that I can't watermark the images, AND have a header... oh well.

I am still not getting the page numbers... I am assuming this is something in the printing settings thats maybe cutting it off.  I am printing to a Sony UPDR150 4x6 contact sheets 4 up.  The page number is off the page I believe.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Read Sean's article about Lightroom and framing ([a href=\"http://seanmcfoto.com/lightroom/2007/02/making-and-using-borders-in-print.html]here[/url]). It might give you both a header and a fotter but it's more complicated than just using text and ID plate.
You can include page numbers. Go into the Overlays Panel, check Page Options>Page Numbers.

No idea about copyright, sorry.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 01:03:33 pm by francois »
Francois

Sid EOS

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 03:07:28 pm »

Are these images usually going to be printed on 6 x 4 ?

Are they all Portrait, Landscape or a mix?

There may be a work around.

Sid Jervis
Pages: [1]   Go Up