Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pocket Wizard Transmitter Plus crap  (Read 2425 times)

Technics

Pocket Wizard Transmitter Plus crap
« on: March 21, 2007, 07:31:18 am »

When I was doing setup for a location shoot in sunlight, my Pocket Wizard-system is of course first choice. Unluckily the transmitter was left on from last job (which also was the case for the receiver), so I replaced the batteries. But it did not power on. But the receiver did.
Exactly this happened to me last time. I sent the transmitter to New York for service, and they replaced the defect part, which was a power circuit.

Has anyone experienced the same as me? I cannot believe that just having the power on gets the transmitter to be unfunctional.

Is this a 200$ crap piece of equipment?

Vic S

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 10:03:29 am »

When I was doing setup for a location shoot in sunlight, my Pocket Wizard-system is of course first choice. Unluckily the transmitter was left on from last job (which also was the case for the receiver), so I replaced the batteries. But it did not power on. But the receiver did.
Exactly this happened to me last time. I sent the transmitter to New York for service, and they replaced the defect part, which was a power circuit.
Has anyone experienced the same as me? I cannot believe that just having the power on gets the transmitter to be unfunctional.

Is this a 200$ crap piece of equipment?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=107835\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I've had mine for years, usually forget to turn them off, never had a problem with either of the 2 transmitters or the 4 receivers.

Technics

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 10:42:46 am »

I've had mine for years, usually forget to turn them off, never had a problem with either of the 2 transmitters or the 4 receivers.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=107854\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thank you Vic S! I will call the service department and make sure I get a totally new transmitter. If they are service minded.
Pages: [1]   Go Up