Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVD-Back Up Media  (Read 2095 times)

David R. Gurtcheff

DVD-Back Up Media
« on: March 20, 2007, 05:17:32 pm »

Hi all:
I have been backing up my files using a Sony DRX-710L External USB Burner. Up until now I have been making TWO back Ups (1 kept off site) using Delkin Archival Gold 4X disks, which worked fine. The last spindle of Delkin Golds were 8X, and my burner keeps giving me an error message that the wrong kind of disk is inserted. I HAVE been able to burn to an HP 8X disk. The Delkins are rated at 100 years. I don't want to use "plain vanilla" cheap disks, but my Sony will not work. I have contacted Delkin and they said they know of no compatibility issues. I down loaded a firmware from Sony, but that did not work.
My question is: Can you reccommend another brand "long life" DVD disk? I hate to ditch a perfectly good burner just to use one brand (Delkin) disks.
Thanks in advance.
Dave G. in NJ

pminicucci

DVD-Back Up Media
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 05:41:06 pm »

Take a look at Taiyo Yuden +R (versus -R, like the Delkins) here. Also rated at 100 years.

I've had trouble with -R discs, including the MAM (Mitsui) brand. +R recording is more stable.
Best,
Pat

Brian Gilkes

• http://www.briangilkes.com.au
DVD-Back Up Media
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 05:44:36 pm »

Taiyo Yuden
You may have to buy them in 50s
Cheers,
Brian,
www.pharoseditions.com.au

DarkPenguin

DVD-Back Up Media
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 05:59:55 pm »

I'd worry a little about your burner if it is having trouble burning a type of media that it shouldn't be having trouble burning.
Pages: [1]   Go Up