Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rude behavior  (Read 23586 times)

ngophotographer

Rude behavior
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2007, 01:50:44 pm »

A figure adds scale.  A crowd detracts.  I'm not sure about this one.  I'll probably end up cloning the dolt out.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=108617\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Allan:

I think I may be that "[un]serious photographer dolt".    I'm sorry about that.  When I entered the meadow with my buddy, we didn't see anybody shooting in our direction.  We're pretty careful about that.

There was clean virgin snow in front of the chapel with the snow-covered trees creating a layered frame for the chapel.  My buddy left about 5-10 minutes before I camped out for my shot.

I sat there waiting for some people to clear from in front of the chapel.  One person was watching me, so I had to wait until he got bored (which took abut 10 min) watching me and moved out of the scene.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kindest regards,

Rich
NGOphotographer
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 01:51:48 pm by ngophotographer »

jecxz

• http://www.jecxz.com
Rude behavior
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2007, 02:22:36 pm »

I think I may be that "[un]serious photographer dolt".  [a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=108814\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

He will ask you to sign a release.

Monito

• MonitoPhoto
Rude behavior
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2007, 05:06:30 am »

I think I may be that "[un]serious photographer dolt".    I'm sorry about that.  When I entered the meadow with my buddy, we didn't see anybody shooting in our direction.  We're pretty careful about that. There was clean virgin snow in front of the chapel with the snow-covered trees creating a layered frame for the chapel.  My buddy left about 5-10 minutes before I camped out for my shot. I sat there waiting for some people to clear from in front of the chapel.  One person was watching me, so I had to wait until he got bored (which took abut 10 min) watching me and moved out of the scene. Sorry for the inconvenience. [a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=108814\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
It may not have been you, but I forgive you.  It sounds like a chain of photographers waiting on the ultimate rude person standing in the shot with nothing better to do than get in the way.  We could construct a new conundrum ... "In hell there are 95 vistas and 95 photographers waiting for the next one in the chain to get out of the shot while ultimately the first photographer is waiting in vain for the devil to get out of the shot".

ngophotographer

Rude behavior
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2007, 02:55:08 pm »

It may not have been you, but I forgive you.  It sounds like a chain of photographers waiting on the ultimate rude person standing in the shot with nothing better to do than get in the way.  We could construct a new conundrum ... "In hell there are 95 vistas and 95 photographers waiting for the next one in the chain to get out of the shot while ultimately the first photographer is waiting in vain for the devil to get out of the shot".
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=108938\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks.  

Sort of like the "bridge overlook" at Zion...  

Regards,

Rich
Rockettraveler

wynpotter

Rude behavior
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2007, 10:25:17 pm »

Just in case it makes a difference, about 40-50 miles away in the Silver Peak basin are large, great sand dunes that hardly anyone goes to except some locals on the weekend to 4 wheel on. The back road from Lida to Silver Peak has some great shots but it's rough on tires.
In the winter I drove over the pass from Silver Peak, (roads not on any maps), over to Fish Lake valley(the sump), A rather interesting eroded ,uplifted lake bed that can have some good shots as well as some Joshua trees in that area .
As great as Death Valley is, there are some quiet spots that  hold there own quite well in that area.
Wyndham

kombizz

Rude behavior
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2007, 09:45:08 am »

I can feel your frustration as it happened many times. I think the best time would be early morning or when nobody is there. Also always you could go little bit higher in other to get better composition.

JeffKohn

• http://jeffk-photo.typepad.com
Rude behavior
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2007, 02:24:15 pm »

An example happened to a group of us on a rare kind of day in February.  A photographer in a particularly bright outfit chose to dwell in a shot for at least 20 minutes, to the great frustration of serious photographers waiting for him to leave.  I decided to make the shot anyway and choose later whether to clone the one person out, which is easier than a large group.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/bil...3-0839-w720.jpg

A figure adds scale.  A crowd detracts.  I'm not sure about this one.  I'll probably end up cloning the dolt out.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=108617\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Was he there before you. I certainly agree to walk it's rude to somebody else's shot (although we've all probably done so unknowingly at least once, so a polite request may be all it takes to resolve the situation).

On the other hand I think the first one there has the right to set up where he/she wants, so for somebody else to come along later and complain as in grepmat's example seems unreasonable to me.

If I were there first I wouldn't feel obliged to move just because somebody was setting up behind me. I'd try to avoid lingering any longer than necessary, but I wouldn't allow myself to be rushed and risk not getting the shot I was there for.

And let's face it, if shooting digital sometimes there are simple solutions to these types of problems. Depending on where the person is it may be a simple matter to clone them out. I've also had occasions where I was shooting a scene that was never completely free of people as they steadily walked through the area, so I "bracketed" multiple shots to give myself the option of using layers/masks to produce an end-result without any people in it. (Some pedantic purists my feel this is cheating but I don't feel the least bit guilty about using such techniques).
Jeff Kohn
[url=http://ww
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up