Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Slideshow Will not "Play"  (Read 2488 times)

dmaxson

Slideshow Will not "Play"
« on: March 19, 2007, 01:43:41 pm »

I am  having the same problem as another forum member with "playing" the slideshow. It works fine in preview mode; it works fine when I export it as a pdf, but I cannot get it to display any images when I use either the "play" button or the options bar alternative.

Anyone else have this problem? Any suggegstions?

pad

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 03:38:57 am »

Have the same problem but no one replied with an answer

GreggJ

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 02:46:03 pm »

I would like to add my gripe also. I have had problem with slideshow on both my laptop, a Dell Inspiron E1505 w/1 gig ram, and my desktop, a Dell Diemnsion 8300 w/ 1 gig of ram and a Nvida GeForce FX 5200 graphics card. Sometimes the screen just goes black and sometime it will get gray after a short while when trying to run a slideshow, and sometimes it will it will work just great. Ocassionally there will be a pause between slides where the screen will just gray out. I had similar problems only on my laptop once in a great while with beta 4.1 but with version 1.0 it happens more often than not on both computers. As with everyone else on this thread I am open to suggestions for corrections. I am not running Nview or dual monitors.

Gregg  Jonsson

I have a little more information on this. On my desktop computer the slideshow seems to work without problems when I set my display setting in the control panel to 16 bit depth instead of 32 bit color depth. I have not tried it on my laptop yet.

SOME ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Having bit the bullet I have downloaded and installed the latest display drivers for my desktop computer, and low and behold slideshow now works fine in 32 bit color display mode.  As an additional benefit I can watch the Luminous Landscape Lightroom version 1.0 tutorial in Quicktime with the active X setting selected in "preferences" instead of using the "safe mode" .  

It appears that the advice of making sure that we have the latest display drivers installed is really true.

GNJ
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 09:30:43 pm by GreggJ »
Pages: [1]   Go Up