Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: multiple workstations workflow  (Read 1930 times)

damien

• http://www.lovegroveportraits.com
multiple workstations workflow
« on: March 18, 2007, 12:47:43 pm »

I've watched all the LL tutorials available to date and I'm a bit slow picking up new ideas so please forgive me if the answer is obvious.

My current wedding workflow:

Stage 1: At the moment for each wedding I create a new session in C1. It lives on a 120 GB pocket drive (USB 2). At the wedding in the afternoon I start to download my files. Then back at the hotel in the evening I download the final cards.

Stage 2: Julie plugs the drive into her G5 and makes the selection of 350 picture from the 1000 shot. She will add crops at that stage.

Stage 3: Marko adjusts the RAW settings on the same set using his G5 and process the files.

Stage 4: Julie loads the processed files into Iview and rearranges the order prior to final renaming.

Stage 5: Marko puts these files on his 1 terrabite drive and pixel edits in Photoshop.

I'm sure we can all share the files and settings easily in Lightroom but I'm not sure where to put the library. If I create a new library for each job on the pocket drive can I merge all the libraries into one super library later with each client as a collection? Maybe there is a better system. I'm not sure how Lightroom supports multiple computers and the tutorials didn't seem to explain library management very well. I do hope there is a way to do this stuff with LR because it handles my P25 files. Maybe Bridge and ACR is my answer?

Thanks in anticipation.

Damien.
Pages: [1]   Go Up