Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad H2d 22 CF Problem  (Read 5743 times)

JCA

Hasselblad H2d 22 CF Problem
« on: March 17, 2007, 01:33:08 am »

Hi,

I just got a H2d 22 to test out and I put in 3 different Lexar 8gb 133x Fat32 cards and it says no media on the menu and the screen says Warning Card Defective. Please use another media. Has anyone had this problem? I went to the format option but it says no media and I can't reformat the card. I tried reformatting it in a canon 1ds mark II and it still doesn't work and used Lexar Image Rescue to reformat the card and it still doesn't work. I tried 3 lexar cards with all the same results.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
JA

bernardo68

• http://www.bernhardhuber.com
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 07:04:36 am »

Hi,

I just got a H2d 22 to test out and I put in 3 different Lexar 8gb 133x Fat32 cards and it says no media on the menu and the screen says Warning Card Defective. Please use another media. Has anyone had this problem? I went to the format option but it says no media and I can't reformat the card. I tried reformatting it in a canon 1ds mark II and it still doesn't work and used Lexar Image Rescue to reformat the card and it still doesn't work. I tried 3 lexar cards with all the same results.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
JA
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=107136\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

the h3d just accept sandisks yet, maybe ist the same with the h2

the are changing this with the newest firmware at the moment

pprdigital

• http://www.phaseone.com
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 09:55:13 am »

the h3d just accept sandisks yet, maybe ist the same with the h2

the are changing this with the newest firmware at the moment
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=107158\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This is incorrect. We've been shooting with Lexar media for some time now - don't recall how far back.

Today I shot an H3D-31 with a Sandisk CF, Lexar CF, and Kingston CF without a hitch.

Steve Hendrix
PPR Digital
Steve Hendrix
[url=http://www.phaseone.c

godtfred

• http://
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 12:41:23 pm »

Hi,

Any ideas?

Thanks,
JA
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=107136\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Make sure you have the latest firmware. Also, if the Lexar cards are old (133x does not sound old, but...) they won't work.

HB backs have until recently only accepted Sandisk cards, and only the fastetst type. If your problem persists try a Sand* card and see if it fixes the prob.

-axel
Axel Bauer
godtfred.com H2|M679CS|P45+

MarkKay

• http://markkayphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/1305161
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 02:31:48 pm »

It is strange that 3 different cards did not work.. however, even with re-formatting the cards in another camera and on the computer, the cards do not work even in a canon?  I wonder if the problem is in the card.  I have not been a big fan of Lexar products.  Every card reader I have purchased from them has failed after a relatively short period of time.. Three or 4 in all. I just will not buy their products any longer.

Make sure you have the latest firmware. Also, if the Lexar cards are old (133x does not sound old, but...) they won't work.

HB backs have until recently only accepted Sandisk cards, and only the fastetst type. If your problem persists try a Sand* card and see if it fixes the prob.

-axel
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=107180\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

JCA

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2007, 10:51:41 pm »

-axel
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=107180\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks to everyone for your input. I did go and try a Sandisc card and it worked. I do have the latest Lexar card which DID work in a Canon Ids Mark II but not the Hasselblad. I spoke with another shooter who tells me it is an H2D firmware issue that has been resolved for the H3D so maybe I can remedy it on Monday after a talk with tech support at Hasselblad. I was so surprised that a camera company would create a platform where only one type of CF card would work, that would be like Canon or Nikon in the old days selling a film camera that would only shoot Kodak film. I'll let you all know what I find out from Hasselblad and again thanks.

JCA

Nick_T

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2007, 10:59:10 pm »

I was so surprised that a camera company would create a platform where only one type of CF card would work, that would be like Canon or Nikon in the old days selling a film camera that would only shoot Kodak film. I'll let you all know what I find out from Hasselblad and again thanks.

JCA
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=107233\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Apparently Canon are a bit sloppy with formatting their cards (esp >4gig) which can cause problems. The latest firmware (installed by Flexcolour 4.6.7) should resolve the issue.

Nick-T
[url=http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.c

JCA

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2007, 02:29:05 pm »

Apparently Canon are a bit sloppy with formatting their cards (esp >4gig) which can cause problems. The latest firmware (installed by Flexcolour 4.6.7) should resolve the issue.

Nick-T
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=107236\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hey Eveyone,

Finally figured it all out. I spoke with Hasselblad and it was the firmware. The new version 4.6.7 resolves lots of issue including Lexar cards. If anyone else has this problem try updating your firmware.

Thanks for all your advice.

JCA
Pages: [1]   Go Up