Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are Leaf Aptus backs reversible or rotatable?  (Read 2785 times)

rogerxnz

• Hayman Lawyers
Are Leaf Aptus backs reversible or rotatable?
« on: March 16, 2007, 04:14:02 pm »

I am thinking of getting a Leaf Aptus back, such as, an Aptus 17, for my Hasselblad Flexbody but I am concerned that I will not be able to use the Flexbody in its "normal" or vertical orientation and get portrait format images because the backs have the sensor in landscape format. If I turn the Flexbody onto one side to get the sensor in portrait orientation, the tilting plane will be horizontal.

I usually want the tilting plane to be vertical, so I get from near ground to distant ground in focus. Does you understand what I mean? With a "normal" Hasselblad, you would just turn the camera onto one side, but that will not work with a Flexbody for the reason mentioned above.

Is there an adapter to allow Leaf backs to be rotated or reversed?  Can the change be easily made on site?

On another forum, I was told that the Aptus backs come standard with latches on the back for both orientations so you choose your format when you put the back on.  Is this correct?  I guess you have to remember to rotate the viewfinder mask to match the orientation of the back if you are using a mask!

I would appreciate your thoughts.
Roger
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 04:23:50 pm by rogerxnz »
Roger Hayman
Wellington, New Zealand

yaya

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 04:29:28 pm »

I am thinking of getting a Leaf Aptus back, such as, an Aptus 17, for my Hasselblad Flexbody but I am concerned that I will not be able to use the Flexbody in its "normal" or vertical orientation and get portrait format images because the backs have the sensor in landscape format. If I turn the Flexbody onto one side to get the sensor in portrait orientation, the tilting plane will be horizontal.

I usually want the tilting plane to be vertical, so I get from near ground to distant ground in focus. Does you understand what I mean? With a "normal" Hasselblad, you would just turn the camera onto one side, but that will not work with a Flexbody for the reason mentioned above.

Is there an adapter to allow Leaf backs to be rotated or reversed?  Can the change be easily made on site?

I understand there may be such an adapter for Imacon backs and I need to check if that will work with Aptus backs.

I would appreciate your thoughts.
Roger
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=107071\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hello Roger,

The simple answer is YES,

All backs with V-mount can sit on the camera either in horizontal or vertical positions.

The same release mechanism like you have on your film back exists on two sides of the back, so you basically unclip it and clip it back on the camera:

I hope this helps, yair
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 04:30:37 pm by yaya »

rogerxnz

• Hayman Lawyers
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 04:51:44 pm »

Bloody fantastic!!!
Roger

Hello Roger,

The simple answer is YES,

All backs with V-mount can sit on the camera either in horizontal or vertical positions.

The same release mechanism like you have on your film back exists on two sides of the back, so you basically unclip it and clip it back on the camera:

I hope this helps, yair
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=107076\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Roger Hayman
Wellington, New Zealand

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 04:38:39 am »

Bloody fantastic!!!
Roger
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=107079\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Besides that, you do not have to rotate your viewfinder mask when rotating the back. The mask is there both in horizontal as well in vertical position, at least my mask is not darkening out the unused part of the viewfinder but only lines (both a horizontal as well as a vertical rectangular) on a transparant plexi glass.
Pages: [1]   Go Up