Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pro Image Color Correction Service  (Read 1985 times)

miamidrift

Pro Image Color Correction Service
« on: March 16, 2007, 01:55:23 am »

I am older and have really been studying Photoshop...but it does not come easy for me.  I have learned and read a great deal.

However, there are some family pictures that I would like to have professionally adjusted.  A prominent real estate photographer told me he sent his special digital files to an offshore site that specialized in color correction, sharpening etc. of digital images.  He said he could send, as an example, 50 images and pay mabe 35 dollars to get them professionally balanced.  

I do al lot in photoshop but need some help on my really special pictures.  Do any of you please know of such a service?  Thanking you in advance. GS

situgrrl

• http://www.charlyburnett.com
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 09:19:21 am »

I'm not sure photoshop comes easy to anyone so please don't beat yourself up about it!  I am one of many who found a course taken at a community college allowed me to go far beyond the basics.  

I'm not a big fan of Colour Balance in Photoshop - certainly in comparisson with Lightroom or Camera RAW.  You may find that setting black and white points in "curves" is more affective.  No matter whether you shoot JPEG or RAW, Lightroom will work with your files.  It's workflow is far more logical for a photographer than photoshop is - remember that Photoshop is actually a tool for graphic design and publishing rather than for photographers.  It might be worth your while downloading the demo, getting Michael's tutorial and having a play.  As Michael and many others have pointed out though, at present, Lightroom's sharpening and noise reduction tools are a bit rubbish right now, like many others, I go through Photoshop and use third party plugins for these functions.

Myself and I imagine, many others do offer such a service to a greater or lesser extent; I tend only to do it when I have also been comissioned to print the images - sharpening depends greatly on output size, media and method - I only know about how to do it for inkjets!  I would suggest though that $35 for 50 images is very cheap and that it is not being done by hand.

HTH

Charlotte

miamidrift

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 11:07:49 am »

I'm not sure photoshop comes easy to anyone so please don't beat yourself up about it!  I am one of many who found a course taken at a community college allowed me to go far beyond the basics. 

I'm not a big fan of Colour Balance in Photoshop - certainly in comparisson with Lightroom or Camera RAW.  You may find that setting black and white points in "curves" is more affective.  No matter whether you shoot JPEG or RAW, Lightroom will work with your files.  It's workflow is far more logical for a photographer than photoshop is - remember that Photoshop is actually a tool for graphic design and publishing rather than for photographers.  It might be worth your while downloading the demo, getting Michael's tutorial and having a play.  As Michael and many others have pointed out though, at present, Lightroom's sharpening and noise reduction tools are a bit rubbish right now, like many others, I go through Photoshop and use third party plugins for these functions.

Myself and I imagine, many others do offer such a service to a greater or lesser extent; I tend only to do it when I have also been comissioned to print the images - sharpening depends greatly on output size, media and method - I only know about how to do it for inkjets!  I would suggest though that $35 for 50 images is very cheap and that it is not being done by hand.

HTH

Charlotte
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=106972\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Charlotte,

Thanks for your suggestions and reply.  You were very thoughtful and kind.
George

ARD

• http://
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 11:34:56 am »

miamidrift - check your private messages
Pages: [1]   Go Up