Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not so D-lux 3  (Read 9918 times)

The View

Not so D-lux 3
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2007, 03:32:22 am »

It is easy to defend a camera one doesn't have to work with.

The detail smear in RAW images has been very well documented by members of the dpreview forums.

The problem of the LX-2 is, that it could have been a much better camera, but the marketing people seemed to demand performance numbers they could advertise in the Megapixel wra. They obviously could not figure out a more creative way to advertise the camera.

The improvement over the LX-1 is - you mentioned it - the beautiful widescreen display, but not the image quality.

8 MP was actually already too much for that tiny sensor. I would have liked to see a bigger sensor, and less noise.

After all, noise shows up with this camera at the lowest ISO setting.

The LX-2 looks like the perfect example for a camera that could have been not only good, but great, but was spoiled by the overpowering sales people.

PS: A very good friend of mine has the Leica version of the LX-2, and he loves it. It is a great little toy, and definitely a lot of fun to use. But it could have become more than just a toy.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 03:34:52 am by The View »
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up