Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: To clone or not to clone  (Read 14759 times)

Ray

To clone or not to clone
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2007, 12:56:31 am »

Misha,
That wiring looks a nightmare. It's a great tragedy in Nepal that they don't seem to be able to maintain the projects that are given to them, by way of aid. Someone builds a road, say China, but has the attitude; we've given you the road; your job is to maintain it.

Unfortunately, maintaining the road seems to be beyond Nepalese expertise and resources, so the road gradually deteriorates to the point where it's full of potholes.

Ray

To clone or not to clone
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2007, 01:50:50 am »

Perhaps I'm being too harsh on the people. There's a lot to be said for maintenance free things. The grass on my 5 acre property is as high as an elephant's eye (not quite) and I'm reluctant to slash it because I know it will only grow again. Perhaps the same attitude prevails in road maintenance in Nepal. We fill in the potholes and we just get more of them. What's the point?   .

popnfresh

To clone or not to clone
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2007, 07:05:46 pm »

David, I think that although the power lines are less distracting by your crop, the open expansiveness of the image is now lost.
Julie
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=107112\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I think the crop is an improvement, but I might be inclined not to lop off the mountain tops, however.

And yes, I say clone out the power lines. If you were shooting this for Nepal Power & Light's annual report you might want to leave them in. As elements in a breathtaking landscape, they're a distraction.

MikeMike

• http://
To clone or not to clone
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2007, 11:27:56 pm »

I find the lines second shot draw the eye down the scene to the house so i like it more, but if the house and lines were gone it would look more exotic and remote, especially with the cow.

Mike

Sr.Cordeiro

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/srcordeiro
To clone or not to clone
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2007, 08:06:56 am »

Hi,

First of all, great capture!

I think the powerlines are a good subject to this picture, it's what makes it more than just a postcard photo. But they are too subtle to do an efficient job, too ambiguous.

For that matter I would do another photo (if possible) with better light conditions (in a way that doesn't affect the cables), or I would do some serious PP to bring some attention to the powerlines since you are trying to teel something with them. Or maybe... just remove them to have a great postcard

Hope it's been helpful,

Ricardo
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up