Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: USA local search engine  (Read 2627 times)

localsearchengine

USA local search engine
« on: March 14, 2007, 08:10:28 pm »

Hello all.
I'm going to develop a kind of a search engine, oriented to products and services for local users. For a lot of reasons I would like to create subdomains for each state of USA. As my own site is still mostly in my mind, to get an idea of what I'm looking for -  you can look here Missouri by owner or here New Mexico fsbo houses (this is certanly not the best example of  webdesign and usability, BUT those guys made EXACTLY what I need from the point of view of subdomains).
So my question is the following: how is it better to configure DNS and web-server to make the same way (I will use linux hosting). Truly speaking I know how to make it working for 3-4 subdomains but if we make 50 different independent subdomains - the maintenance and support will by very difucult.
Thank you in advance.

LoisWakeman

USA local search engine
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 07:34:22 am »

Sounds to me you need to learn to walk (understand about the way to set up and run servers) before you run (develop a search engine and related sites).

I think there are forums better suited to such questions too. Google is your friend.
Pages: [1]   Go Up