Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adobe workflow with P25  (Read 2596 times)

damien

• http://www.lovegroveportraits.com
Adobe workflow with P25
« on: March 14, 2007, 04:08:45 pm »

I took a look at the new Adobe Camera Raw in PS CS3 and it has an amazing array of adjustment options with my P25 files. I'm not sure weather to go Adobe Bridge / Camera Raw / Photoshop or to take the Lightroom / Photoshop route. I'd be interested to hear any P serries workflow using an Adobe only option.

I currently have jobs in progress on removable drives as C1 sessions and hot swap them between workstations as the job progresses. We have one person selecting files another person setting the file parameters in C1 before converting to jpeg then another sorting the jpegs and renumbering in Iview Media Pro before going to a full Photoshop session on yet another computer. These files are saved as full res layered tiffs ready for RA4 print or CMYK offset. The removable drives keep our network traffic down and always contain the latest state of the job with no 'old' versions lurking on computer hard drives.

It's time for a streamlined workflow and I'm open to ideas. C1 v4 is so long coming I'm ready to jump ship.

Thanks in advance, Damien.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 04:11:20 pm by damien »

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
Adobe workflow with P25
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 10:34:48 pm »

I took a look at the new Adobe Camera Raw in PS CS3 and it has an amazing array of adjustment options with my P25 files. I'm not sure weather to go Adobe Bridge / Camera Raw / Photoshop or to take the Lightroom / Photoshop route. I'd be interested to hear any P serries workflow using an Adobe only option.

I currently have jobs in progress on removable drives as C1 sessions and hot swap them between workstations as the job progresses. We have one person selecting files another person setting the file parameters in C1 before converting to jpeg then another sorting the jpegs and renumbering in Iview Media Pro before going to a full Photoshop session on yet another computer. These files are saved as full res layered tiffs ready for RA4 print or CMYK offset. The removable drives keep our network traffic down and always contain the latest state of the job with no 'old' versions lurking on computer hard drives.

It's time for a streamlined workflow and I'm open to ideas. C1 v4 is so long coming I'm ready to jump ship.

Thanks in advance, Damien.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=106639\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

well the advantage of LR is that you can keep doing what you are doing right now (except for the iview thing), import (reference the files in their original location) the whole folder, which makes the entire shoot accesable from the library (even if the drives are not online/plugged in).....everything can be done from the library....without changing anything about your existing organization....maybe this does not make any sense, but if you try it, you will see....
i am also waiting for C1v4...i am sure it will be great and fast..but i am positive it won't have the features (not even close) that LR has now (and maybe we will be on LRv2 by the time C1v4 ships?).....

RicAgu

Adobe workflow with P25
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 02:36:27 am »

I just started using LR and love it.  I have used it on two small editorial jobs with Canon files and will try my hand at P25/45 files after a three day gig this weekend with hundreds if not a few thousand files and see how it will process the Phase file.

As Adobe starts to make head way with their profiles and processing it will be pretty amazing.  I think this is it for C1 unless you tether.

For $199 you can't beat it.

Best of Luck

RA

damien

• http://www.lovegroveportraits.com
Adobe workflow with P25
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 04:17:05 am »

I've downloaded the 4.5 hours of Lightroom Tutorials from LL and I'm about to dive in. On the face of it, it sounds like Lightroom is a gift from heaven. I only hope the A/B comparisons with C1 of processed files is favourable. I like the idea of keeping the price down at the launch. Adobe did that with InDesign too and it made a big difference in my software spend.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up